Monday, April 1, 2013

Chapter 3: Then All the Puddles Will Be Gone


Let's go see what Suchandra and Darleen are up to. Right, that again.


"Darleen? You feeling okay?"


The next morning is Spooky Day, and an early snow has covered the mesas.


"It's spilling water everywhere!"

And it will keep spilling water everywhere until someone feels like repairing the shower, because there just isn't enough money to replace plumbing right now.


Suchandra wants to visit the Fall Festival, so he puts Kamala in her stroller and takes her out with him. The morning snow is already starting to melt away by mid afternoon.


Darleen has been nursing a wish to learn the writing skill, which she's finally getting around to today. So she's at the library now, working on her first novel, The Forgotten Prince, and will meet up with the rest of the family at the festival later.


Darleen's mom and little sister Shelia are also at the festival today. Mariana drops her toddler on the ground and takes off to do whatever. Yes, quality parenting time here.


Suchandra of course would never...oh, right, yeah, he would.


There are abandoned toddlers all over this park. 


Suchandra goes through the Haunted House three times before stopping to chat with his co-worker, Oscar. Do you even know where your daughter is right now, Suchandra?


Darleen, meanwhile, earns her first point in the writing skill, and spins into her maternity wear. She doesn't have any pressing desire to go to the festival, but she does want to meet someone new, and the festival is as good a place for that as any. Arriving at the park, she announces her pregnancy to a random food vendor, escaped from his booth and loitering around the festival.


Then she meets up with Suchandra, who has finally picked up Kamala. The couple mutually decide to get a greeting card photo of the family.


All right, just take Kamala home before you lose her...


The shower is broken. Still. Darleen periodically mops the never ending puddle, but no one is interested in fixing the problem. They can't afford new plumbing, so they're stuck with it.


Back again to take another crack at the puddle. The toilet decides it wants its share of the misery, and clogs up.


"This bathroom is disgusting!"

Darleen is thinking she should have married a handyman and not a musician.


There goes the kitchen sink.


Yeah, that puddle is not Darleen's water breaking. She is however, going in to labor.


Darleen and Suchandra have a son, Suresh. This time, Darleen sits in the back of the cab with her husband and child, rather than jacking a taxi and stashing the baby in the trunk.


When she gets home, the first think Darleen does is take nice refreshing shower. And breaks it. Now, both showers and both toilets are broken, as well as the kitchen sink.


Burned, rotting waffles on counter? Check. Spoiled food emitting green cloud from the fridge? Check. Puddles from the broken plumbing taking over the house? Check. Oblivious adults woohooing like this squalor is perfectly acceptable? Check.


Brayden and Kadia King dance while Suchandra plays for tips at the local arcade.

"My kids are aging up tomorrow and I need money to build an addition on my house, so your donations would be welcome."


Much to the dismay of their teen daughter, the Kings are being gross. Suchandra is dismayed by the lack of tips.


Finally! Some cash!


Abrielle and Suchandra pretend they totally aren't aware that her parents are woohooing in the photo booth behind them.


"I made $400 in tips," Suchandra says proudly, coming home to his filthy kitchen to grab a bite before his shift at the theater starts.


The sink is still broken, but at least Darleen is cleaning the stove.


Burnt waffles for breakfast is becoming a tradition.

"Maybe we should throw a birthday party for the kids," Darleen suggests.

It's a nice idea, but the house is a mess, Suchandra's shift starts at 3pm, and they really can't afford for him to take the night off.


While he's at work, Suchandra gets an opportunity to work overtime. They need the money and it gives him a chance at a promotion, so he stays and misses seeing his kids age up.

Kamala has a mop in her hands before anyone notices she's become a child.



Aw, hugs for being such a good girl.



Suchandra managed to get enough money together to add a small bedroom on to the house for Kamala. It's not much, just a bed and table, but it's better than making her sleep in the nursery.



Suresh also ages up.


There was also enough in the budget to afford a blocks table for Kamala to practice her future handiness skills. Start them young and they grow up wanting to upgrade all the plumbing.

"This house is a sty, Mom."


"Your father is working overtime tonight so we can afford to replace all the plumbing," Darleen says hopefully, "Then all the puddles will be gone." Until you break everything again...


Darleen reads Kamala a bedtime story before ticking her in.


Perhaps inspired by her daughter's handiness with the blocks, or just the horrid conditions in the house, Darleen decides she wants to unclog one of the toilets. The rest of the broken plumbing is on its own.



Putting in the overtime really paid off. Suchandra not only got the extra cash, but a promotion and bonus, too. They were able to afford to replace both broken showers and the kitchen sink.

"Suchandra, I was thinking, I'd like to have a baby with you."

"You have two babies with me. Before Suresh was born you told me you wanted to have two total children."

"That was when we only had the one. Two is great, but I want another. Ultimately, I want 5 at the very least."

____________________________________

The puddles. Oh, the puddles.

My plan was to give all the kids random traits but  Kamala got Handy as her childhood trait because I am hoping that as a teen, she will roll wishes to upgrade stuff, or at the very least roll wishes to repair stuff as it breaks. Because Darleen and Suchandra sure don't.

And here's the most annoying thing. First couple of days into this, Suchandra would roll a wish to magically clean the house every time he had a dish to wash. And he was constantly rolling wishes to magically clean everyone around him. But when there's filth everywhere, does he want to magically clean anything? No, of course not. And when Darleen's hygiene is in the red because both showers are broken, does he want to magically clean her? No, he wants to magically clean random Sims in the arcade he was playing at.
When there's no plumbing, clicking on his own smelly moodlet makes him magically clean himself. Sometimes, actually, he'll magically clean some random other Sim, but clicking his hygiene moodlet repeatedly will get him to eventually use it on himself. But of course when the plumbing is broken at home and Darleen needs a magical cleaning, she never gets it.
I was so happy when we got new showers again. I really hope they don't break any time soon.

Darleen did roll a wish for 2 total children when she was pregnant with Suresh. I don't see that one very often. By the end of this chapter, she has 3 wishes for children, one to have a baby with Suchandra, one generic have a Baby, and a leftover wish to have a girl that she got while pregnant with Suresh. I figure I can just leave that one there because it will get fulfilled eventually. 

26 comments:

  1. LOL! Wow, so Suchandra and Darleen are too busy woohooing to realise that if social services decided to do a random house visit, they'd lose their children.
    My sims ALWAYS want to fix broken things, they fight over it, infact, and do it autonomously. Must be in the Mattell blood along with multiple births or something. And they can now afford to replace broken things, so... Sucks to be you! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for Sims, social services are also run by lame, oblivious Sims. I get a huge laugh about how bad Sim parenting is.

      Farrell loves fixing things, if he lived in this house things would be different. Darleen had a point in handiness before she moved in, so she sometimes, but rarely rolls wishes to fix things or increase her handiness skill. But she's also Childish and will spend the whole day playing with toys sometimes.
      As crappy as their house got there, I'm enjoying this so much. =D

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks like so much fun! It would give me so many little ticks if I were to attempt this, my twitchy eye would probably be permanantly shut for hours. You have my sympathy!
    Loved the shot of the house with all the puddles and noxious green clouds. So fun.
    And why should Suchandra want Darleen to be clean? If she's clean it might mean that other men who actually want to unclog their toilets and repair their showers would pay attention to her. Can't have that. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun, lol, crazy as that sounds. And it felt so good when they could finally afford to replace all the broken stuff.

      LOL, you have a point about Suchandra keeping Darleen stinky on purpose.

      Delete
  3. LOL, and this chapter is an example of how I break rules while playing my wishacy. I always have Sims repair stuff if their utilities break, regardless of whether they wish it or not. I like Suresh's blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously tempted to break the rules when the second shower broke. But I'm toughing it out.
      Suresh got his mother's eyes. They are a nice deep blue.

      Delete
  4. Broken plumbing? How do people live like that? *looks around* *cries* *shakes fist at yard where the stupid septic tank is* At least I can afford to have someone come and fix it, and I rolled the want... TRUST ME.

    Yeah, you'd think Suchandra would want to genie clean everything. The one genie I have does. She drives me batty wanting to clean everything all the time, and then my processor doesn't like all the sparkles left behind since I have all graphics set to uber max. Go figure that he'd stop wanting to do it.

    I'm happy the house is getting bigger and that their daughter has her own room. I love the son's blue eyes.

    I'm still thinking of all the broken plumbing. That would drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your septic tank problems!
      I wish Suchandra would have more genie clean wishes. He did right at the beginning, so the house was always sparkling. But lately, when it actually needs some serious cleaning, no more wishes.

      I'm looking forward to the next house expansion. It's hard for me to take pictures in the tiny kitchen and living room, lol.

      The broken plumbing was driving me nuts. I told my husband about what I was doing and how there were puddles everywhere, and dirty dishes. And he says, "So, the point of this challenge is to watch them live in Sim squalor until they decide to clean it?" When he put it that way, it seemed kind of silly...

      Delete
  5. I don't even know how you're doing it. I am such a control freak, I don't know if I could handle all the broken plumbing! But at least it's making for some funny story telling! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a control freak too. This is like therapy, lol.
      It is fun, I love being able to make comedy out of their parenting fail and squalor.

      Delete
  6. Kamala seems more responsible than her parents, lol.

    Your whole town seems to be horndogs XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kamala has been amazing so far. She cleans stuff up a lot, and I love her for it.

      Woohooer can turn your whole town into a giant orgy sometimes. Couples are frequently getting it on in pubic. You can tune it so they don't, but where's the fun in that? =P

      Delete
  7. What great fun. That one pic of everything broken reminded me of my ISBI house. Of course, the puddles were made a completely different way than in here.

    I'm glad mine is not the only horny town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think about trying an ISBI, but I think having no control at all would drive me nuts. I'm not sure I could deal with all the pee on the floor, lol.
      I love having a horny town Using woohooer does make some aspects of this challenge easier; Suchandra had a kid way before he ever wished for one because of autonomous risky, but I just csan't turn it off. It's too funny, lol.

      Delete
  8. Ah yes the broken fixtures can be hard to let be and the nastiness that they leave behind with food can be quite dreadful are hard to ignore. My hardest is the laundry it drives me want to break the rules. He seems to be moving right along with his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just want to drag all those stinking plates into the trash and have them fix their damn plumbing!
      I still haven't gotten around to laundry, Suchandra has rolled a few wishes to but a washer or dryer, but he'd already had bigger wishes locked in, and no money.
      But now that they're starting to get in a better financial position, I may just have to add laundry into the mix.

      Darleen's wishes are really all about babies and more babies. So even though Suchandra isn't family oriented, he's getting lots of kids.

      Delete
  9. Oh Suresh is adorable! Love those cheeks!

    How funny, puddles everywhere. Who can understand sim logic? They'll keep mopping those puddles forever instead of fixing the problem and being done with it, lol

    Great chapter! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nirar!
      Suresh is a cutie. Those cheeks come from his Mom. I can't wait to see him grow up.

      I'm hoping that giving Kamala the Handiness trait will lead to more wishes to fix things and upgrade them. I hope, lol.

      Delete
  10. hahaha man nasty house, broken stuff in the real world CPS would be at their door. Poor Kamala will be fixing lots of stuff. You need one of the kids to end up with the neat trait as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in real life this would be unacceptable. But in Sims, it's just funny.
      Still it felt good to finaly get new plumbing. Which they better not break again, LOL, who am I kidding. I'm just looking forward to Kamala becoming a teen. I hope she does roll lots of upgrade wishes.

      Delete
  11. "Kamala has a mop in her hands before anyone notices she's become a child." awwww lol. I can just imagine her growing up and then immediately cleaning the place because someone has to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone really had to clean that mess, and it's the kids who finally stepped up to it.
      *shudders at memories of chapter 3 squalor*

      Delete
  12. I am totally loving this! I may try a wishacy of my own after I a few generation of my Random Legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun chapter, Caterpillar. Yes, some Sims are dunce about fixing things. At times I was sure that if it weren't for my Sims fixing broken sinks, showers, and toilets in the WA worlds they'd be flooded by now. Glad the kids are showing signs of wanting to clean. Maybe they can teach the parents about good hygiene.

    Have a great evening,

    Silver

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suresh is so cute! :) What a funny family ^_^

    ReplyDelete