Friday, April 12, 2013

Chapter 7: Awkward Teen Party


_______________


Sunday morning finds the family in a studious mood. Suresh wants to learn to cook hamburgers, which requires getting up to level 6 of the cooking skill. So, off to the library to grind.


Kiran wants to get started on the writing skill, and also to read two more books to bring his total to five. So, he's also at the library this morning, first working on his first novel, The Son's Thoughts, then when he's done with that he can read.


Kiran finishes his novel, but just as he's choosing a book from the stacks, the Grim Reaper comes for his grandfather, Omar. Kiran is devastated, but not even death can deter Suresh from his studies; he doesn't even look up from his book while his grandfather is dying.


Too traumatized to stay in the library after that, Kiran goes home and tries to forget what he just saw by playing undersea adventures in the bathtub.


But of course he can't really forget, and has to go to school the next morning with his grandfather's death on his mind.


Darleen plays some social games while waiting for her carpool. It's her first day at her new art appraiser job, and the first day she's worked since she married Suchandra.


Tragedy strikes as a drunk driver plows into the school. One kid was hit, but miraculously survives, walking away from the collision without a scratch.


"How can you guys even think of woohoo now? Grandpa just died!"


Hey, Darshan, it's your birthday. Looks like you're spending it alone in the high chair. Darleen is at work, all the kids are at school.


And Suchandra is in the backyard playing guitar in his underwear.


A wish to throw Darshan a birthday party sends Suchandra out to the grocery store to buy a cake. And thus, Darshan is freed from the chair of no return.


Only to be dropped on the sidewalk while Suchandra takes off to watch a random guitar player.


When everyone gets home from work and school, it's party time.


Darshan becomes a child. No more filthy potties, yay!


Party guests amble around aimlessly, or just sit down and do homework. It is a school night.


Yeah, awesome party. A lot of homework gets done.


Darleen celebrates her transition to adult later that night, and celebrates her midlife crisis by waking her kids with her megaphone. Really mature, Darleen.


Everyone did homework at the party last night except the kids that live here, so they cram in it before school the next morning.


Rajendra wants to be friends with Susanne Loera-Dreamer, Darren Dreamer's daughter.


Susanne ends up being the only guest at Kiran's age up, since no one wished to throw a party for him.


Kiran's transition to teen also marks the transition to generation 2. The torch is passed, and his wishes take precedence.


Mariana dies that night. Her passing hits Darleen much harder than Omar's did.

"She never got that makeover she wanted," Darleen sobs, "She died wearing that stupid cat sweater."


It's Spooky Day and the family heads down to the fall festival. Darshan wants to be friends with Regan Loera-Dreamer, Darren's other daughter. Darren made some really cute kids, and there's another on the way.


Suresh intends to be crowned the king of apple bobbing.


"That was too easy," he says with a confident brush to his sleeve, "No one can beat Suresh. No one!"


Rajendra gets a little too scared in the haunted house.


That was so humiliating. Let me post this for posterity on a public blog. 

'Remember that kid in gen 2, who pissed himself at the fall festival?'


He's already master of hotdogs, now Suresh is going to pwn this pie eating contest.


"I am the Lord of the Pies!" Suresh proclaims, "I am the much better candidate for heir!"

Reality has not sunk in with Suresh yet. 


Okay, now everyone has to go home because Kiran want to pillow fight and then throw a feast party.


The problem with Kiran throwing a party is he only just aged up yesterday and hardly knows anyone. Chelsea Farrell is a girl he brought home from school with him once and hasn't thought about since. 
She's obviously thinking about him right now though.


Don't be shy, Kiran. She probably thinks you're cute. Just go talk to her.


There you go. Say something nice, maybe compliment her appearance or personality.


"My favorite color is pink."

Well, it's a conversation starter, anyway.


Alvaro has aged up and now has a job in the medical field. And he's still waiting on Kamala.


The blonde-whose-name-I-can't-remember is a babysitter that Suresh once rolled a wished to ask about her zodiac sign. That wish didn't get locked, but Kiran invited her to the party in case Suresh wanted to give talking to her a go. But the Lord of the Pies is too busy playing video games to notice her.


Kiran's conversation with Chelsea dies off and he goes to read a book while she dances near him.

I think she likes you, Kiran.

I'm not ready to think about that yet.


Alvaro is thinking about taking things to the next level with Kamala. Not going to happen, Alvaro. Kamala will age up in a few days, be patient.


Awkward teen party ends with the girls dancing by themselves.


The next day is Saturday, and Kiran wants to go bowling with friends and group up with Chelsea. So, he takes Kamala and Suresh to the Arcade with him, and calls to invite Chelsea.

It's not a date. Just a group outing.

Okay, Kiran, I'm not trying to rush you into anything. You haven't even started high school yet. Just go bowling and see what happens.


"I am the Lord of the Lanes, the King of the Pins!" Suresh proclaims.

"Give it up, Suresh."


Bowling. Check.


Then some foosball. The Jock points are stacking up today.


Suresh wanders off to make a snow cone, leaving his brother alone with his non-date.

That's uncharacteristically nice of you, Suresh.

I'm not being nice, I'm just hungry. Say, is there a snow cone eating competition anywhere? I would totally rule it if there were. I would be the Master of Cones.

'Fraid not, Suresh. 


The outing ends on a happy note, with a friendly hug and a wish to become good friends with Chelsea.

Just good friends. Not romantic.


Right, just friends. That's why you're doing a little victory dance?

I'm just excitable.


Meanwhile, Kamala has wandered back home to age up to YA.

"Mom, can I ask Alvaro to move in with us?"

"I don't think your bedroom is big enough for a double bed. We're either going to have to make another expansion or buy you your own place."

______________________________________

Kiran has officially been made heir and Gen 2 has begun. As I mentioned before, Suchandra achieved his LTW some time ago and his locked wishes tend to be the kind that don't require me to do much for him. So it's high time we moved on.

I haven't decided how much longer Kamala will stay in the house. We've got just over 20k in funds, which would buy her a small starter home. I could have mer move Alvaro in and then move them out together, or just send her off on her own and let SP settle them. I could also keep her around for a little while to hopefully get a job and bring in more money until she goes.

Also, I will be adding a download page to this blog over the weekend, and will add my Sims as they age up to YA, starting with Kamala. I just need to get a better pic of her for the page.
I have uploaded her in simpack form to the Exchange, you can check my studio for that. (My name on the official site is caterpillar.)
Or wait for the .sim that I'll be linking here.

Here's another pic of Kamala as YA, in her PJs.


22 comments:

  1. Forgot to say in the last chapter Suchandra playing guitar in his underwear -> HOT.
    Suresh is just lord of everything isn't he? LOL. Alvaro grew up nicely. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh is the lord of everything, yes! He's glad someone acknowledges that fact.
      I know I wouldn't mind having Suchandra playing guitar in his underwear as my neighbor.
      Alvaro did grow up nicely. =D

      Delete
    2. Well, I am glad I could do good in Lord Suresh's eyes. ROFL. Yeah, I wish Suchandra was my neighbor. :D

      Delete
  2. I will forever love Suresh and his driving desire to be king of all mankind. Love that he didn't even break off studying to watch his grandfather die. It's so in character. lol

    Darlene and the megaphone crack me up too. She's got a real feel for the rudest possible wake up calls doesn't she?

    Chelsea's cute! I can't wait to see if Kiran finally gets up the nerve to do more than just be her 'friend.' Of course, if he doesn't get a move on SP will take care of Chelsea for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh does stay beautifully in character. I love that he wins every competition he enters, too. I didn't even give him that LTR for that, it's all him and his drive to be master and king of everything.

      Darleen is a monster with that megaphone, lol.

      Chelsea is cute! We'll see if Kiran rolls any romantic wishes. But he does have time, she's a role NPC, a former paper girl, and my SP setting disallow them from SP using them for romance. So, SP won't touch her. But, it's a wishacy, so it's up to him to roll a wish, lol.

      Delete
  3. I died at the car crash (not literally, I mean, you said nobody was hurt...)
    And Mariana dying in the cat sweater.

    I love when you update this, it's so funny it almost makes me forget that you've abandoned the Brannons (*almost*).

    I love Kamala, she's beautiful, but I don't have UL, and I dunno if any other hair would work.
    Kiran literally took my breath away when he aged up. PHWOAR!!!! <3
    Aw, Chelsea is cute, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car vanished like seconds after I took that picture. But the kid there just walked through it.
      I haven't abandoned the Brannons! Bit I have been having a lot of fun with this and haven't played anything else all week.
      Right now I'm making some characters for Summerdream. I'm not letting myself play the wishacy until I get the shots for that.
      And I will get back to the Brannons this week, I swear!

      Psst, here's a base game compatible retxexture of Kamala's hair:
      http://lovesims3stuff.blogspot.com/2013/03/ul-hairs-cheer-short-and-dreads-side.html

      Kiran does age up well. He's even better as a YA.

      Delete
  4. Oh boy! Kamala is so pretty. I think I'm going to snag her up! I like Kiran as heir...and how insistent he is that he isn't ready for romance yet. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping Kamala and Alvaro make some pretty babies, too. And I hope she makes petty babies for anyone that downloads her.
      I'll be getting a download page up sometime this weekend if you want to wait for .sim

      Kiran hasn't rolled any romantic wishes at all yet. But he just turned teen, we'll se what happens at school. LOL, if this were random legacy rules, he'd be going steady with her by now. It's fun waiting out to see who they choose to start something with.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad Kirin is gong to be your heir as he was my favorite over his older brother. Suresh is funny with being the lord of everything he enters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sraina! I just love Kiran, and he seems to be a popular choice.
      I also love Suresh, but if he actually became heir, I don't think he would be as funny. But I will be keeping him around the house.

      Delete
  6. Kiran = wow. I love his eyes. I can never get CC eyes to work for me (I'm assuming they're CC?)
    As usual, there's a laugh for every pic. Let's see my favorites... oh .... #1 top of all the sim planet is Lord of the Pies. I just about wet myself (not in fear though) Which brings me to #2 being Rajendra wetting himself outside the haunted house. Dude, you knew it was a haunted house... if you think you're going to be too scared, don't do it. /sigh. Yeah, I know.

    Can you, um, upload Alvaro? Maybe?

    Oh yeah, the #1.5 is the car crash. How on earth did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are default replacement eye. To get degfaults to show up in game, you need to delete you simcompositor.cache from your game files.
      I thought Lord of the Pies was pretty funny, myself. Anytime Suresh celebrates a victory is pretty classic, though.
      I've never seen a Sim piss themself from the haunted house, that cracked me up. Poor kid though, lol. Luckily they get over it when the humiliated moodlet expires =P

      I can upload Alvaro, sure. Next time I play that save I'll save him and upload.
      I have no idea how that car crash happened. I just happened to be lucky enough to be going over to the school in time to see this car crashed up into the door while the kids were getting out of school.

      Delete
    2. Okay, that's my problem. That sentence looks like this to me: 'Those are default $##$@%% eyes. To get defaults to show up in game, you need to (*&#$@#$&.' (not cuss words btw) That said, I'm pretty sure, maybe, that CC magic deletes that every time. and I don't want the eyes replaced in case I want the regular eyes.

      Yay! *excitable clapping animation* Alvaro. :D

      Delete
  7. hahaha the car accident. That is crazy. Kiran is a cutie, he will make adorable babies with whoever he settles down with.

    On to gen 2 now. Does this game play require that the heir stay in the same house or can he move out and start life on his own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That car accident made me laugh too. I have no idea what happened there, I just got lucky to catch it when it did.
      I;m definitely counting on Kiran to make cute babies.=D

      You're allowed to move your heir out. I'm debating now if I want to that, or possibly have Suchandra & Darleen move out with the two younger ones when Kiran comes of age. I'll definitely want more room for him (and Suresh, who I'm keeping on), I just need to decide if I want to stay in the house or move on to another one.

      Delete
  8. "Suresh from his studies; he doesn't even look up from his book while his grandfather is dying." This man is going to make a good CEO! Never let the tragedy of others get in the way of success! Kiran is a good choice to pass the torch to, I mean he seems sane and mature compared to the rest of them! I guess Kamala also seems sane and mature though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aeon. Picking an heir was tough, but I think Kiran is a good choice.

      Delete
  9. Wowsers! Kiran grew up REALLY nice, lol I'm glad you picked him as heir (sorry Suresh, you will be much funnier as a supporting actor, lol). I usually pick heirs the same way---by looks, and usually there is a feature(s) I am wanting to pass on. Where I run into troubles, is if there is more than one that fits my criteria, lol Chelsea is cute, they would make a great couple, if Kiran ever wishes it! =D

    Kamala is so pretty, and Alvaro, wow! He grew up nice too! I bet they have great looking kids.

    I love Suchandra's playing guitar outfit. Though knowing my luck, if that was real life, he would be bald, fat, with a beer belly, lol, and look nothing like Suchandra! :P

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's true, Suresh is a much better sidekick.
      Kiran has two things I'd like to pass, the hair and eye color.
      Waiting on a Sim's wishes or autonomy to spark a romance is hard. Ikeep wanting to poke Kiran. But he's got time, he just started high school.
      Kamala is really pretty, she gets it from Darleen. I ope she nd Alvaro do make pretty kids, too.

      And, yeah, if you have a neighbor that hangs around in the yard in his underwear, it's never one that looks like Suchandra...

      Delete
  10. The car was too much... those occurrences in Sims are so funny... thankfully the kid was ok, but the driver seemed to have ducked. Must of been a drunk celebrity hiding from the paparazzi. ;)

    *LOLOLOLOL* Lord of the Pies... hahahahaha!!!

    Kiran is adorable. All of the kids are. Suresh is so confident and sure he is just "it" for everything. Does he have a little streak of insanity in that cute head of his? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see someone wishing that cars would really collide in Sims,I think of that poor kid. I still don't know how that car got up on the school steps, lol.

      Lord of the Pies is an excellent title for Suresh.
      I do think Suresh is just a little insane. =D

      Delete