Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chapter 10: The Best Waxes for Podium Polishing




Saturday morning, Kiran's birthday. Suchandra has a wish to throw him a party, so we're all just waiting for him to get his lazy butt out of bed and make the call.

He finally rolls out of bad around 11, and we get the party started.


I see what looks like Darleen's sister Shelia coming out of Suresh's bedroom, and Suchandra in his underwear behind her. It doesn't look good.


But it's not what I thought. Shelia was not coming out, she just got flipped around going in, her husband Stephan behind her. Suchandra spins into his clothes and berates Jason Lancaster (party crasher) for ignorance. I check, and both Darleen and Suchandra have the freshly woohooed moodlet. She must have slipped out before I noticed. I have no idea when Jason came in, or if he was there to watch Suchandra and Darleen going at it. I don't think I want to know, but for once, I'm okay with someone being berated for ignorance.


Everyone clears out of the room so Shelia and Stephan can woohoo in Suresh's bed.


Kamala, where did you get that, um, outfit? That's hardly appropriate maternity attire, unless you're a fairy.

It's comfortable, and Alvaro likes it.

I'm sure Alvaro loves it. But I'm going to have to confiscate that.


There. That's looks comfortable. And much less ridiculous.


Once everyone arrives, Kiran blows out his candles. Chelsea has already aged up the day before, and is excited to see Kiran age up with her.


Kiran ages up nicely.


Chelsea rushes forward to grab Kiran.

"Woohoo. Now."

"But, I haven't even had my cake..."

"Woohoo. Risky. Now."


What? My bedroom still has just a single bed.

I wasn't expecting you to woohoo immediately after aging up. 


Although, considering this family, maybe I should have assumed that would be the first thing he'd do.

Out in the kitchen, Darleen is thinking about getting some, while Suresh is putting the moves on Lourdes.

Why are they thinking about Kamala and Alvaro?


That's why. Their bed is currently in use.


So Suresh and Lourdes use his parents' bed as soon as Kiran and Chelsea are done. Suresh is slightly skeeved out by this whole thing, but it doesn't stop him


Tired out from all the woohoo, the guests all leave. Kiran, Suresh and Lourdes pack up anything they want to take with them and move out to their new home.




The family had been saving up for this for awhile. In the end, we had to sell off Suresh and Lourdes' wedding gifts, a few festival eggs and some of the gnomes that appeared to afford this.


Suresh's bedroom. His favorite color is brown, Lourdes' is pink.


Kiran's bedroom has the best view.


Ground floor overhead shot. As tight as the build budget was, they had to take it very sparsely furnished, so it's mostly empty. Lots of space. 


Lots of room for kids, which I'm sure won't be long in coming. They could only afford plumbing for two bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. And, yes, Suresh's Snowflake Day toilet paper did get used here. Waste not, want not.


After they get all unpacked and settled in, Kiran wants to call Chelsea for a date.

"Hey, you know Mick's Master Karaoke? Yeah, it's totally gone. They pulled it down overnight."


"And there this new coffeeshop that's appeared in it's place. It's right across the street from my house. You want to meet me there? Great, I'll be there in two minutes."


Inside the Fo'c'sle cafe, Alvaro just received an insulting text from Suchandra.

Why can't anyone forget that one stupid kiss? I'm not a dirty cheating bastard! Doesn't anyone read the SP pop ups that are all about me and Kamala holding hands while we stroll on the boardwalk? I'm a good husband, dammit!

My heart bleeds for you, Alvaro. 


Chelsea shows up right after Kiran, and greets him passionately.

So, how long before they're going at it in the photo booth?


If you guessed 'it's the next thing they'll do', then you're today's winner!


After that, Kiran invites Chelsea home to enjoy the view from his bedroom windows.


"Do you want to stay the night?"


Next day, Lourdes discovers the swimming pool.


Later that afternoon, she decides she wants to throw a party, and invites a bunch of their friends from high school who have also recently aged up. From left to right, Lourdes' brother Keon, Shelly Boyd and Orlando Lincoln. 

"I'm surprised you're not knocked up yet," Shelly comments.


Lourdes can't help but rub it in a little that she landed Suresh without even trying, while Shelly threw herself at him all through high school and couldn't get his attention.


While Lourdes entertains in the living room, Suresh is getting to know his father-in-law, Germaine. Suresh is trying to make 18 friends; Germaine makes number 16.


And Kiran is upstairs entertaining Chelsea in Suresh's bed. You have no excuse this time, you have a perfectly good double bed in your room.

I just like messing with Suresh.

Okay, then. Carry on.


Even though money is incredibly tight and the family is saving for a trip to Egypt, Kiran wanted to buy something costing over $250. The new stereo that appears in the middle of the party is met with much rejoicing.


You know the party is winding down when Lourdes starts making waffles in her underwear.


The moon sets as the sun rises on Monday morning.


Suresh is up before anyone else. For breakfast, he has some of the firecracker tofu brought by one of last night's party guests.

I can breathe fire! Fear me, pitiful mortals! I am Suresh, the Magic Dragon!


While his brother has the Handy trait, Suresh is quick to prove his own skill, and repairs the broken laptop before work.

We don't need Kiran. I am clearly the better candidate for heir!


After work, Lourdes works on her wish to improve her cooking skill and learn a new recipe by watching the cooking channel. Suresh has been working on wish to read 30 books since high school. Currently on number 26.


After his day at work polishing podiums at City Hall, Kiran wishes to sing karaoke with Darron Gagnon, one of his co-workers. So, it's off for a night of fun at Drinks at the Diamondbacks.


Uh...I have nothing to say about this picture.


Shelly Boyd is enjoying the dance floor.


Hungry after a long day's work, Kiran wants to order up some bar food, so he heads downstairs to the lounge, which is much more lively than the dance floor upstairs. Darron joins him and they discuss the best waxes for podium polishing. 


Kiran spends the rest of the night dancing with Shelly.



Hmmm...Trouble ahead? Or just an innocent evening of dancing?

____________________________

The new house is actually stolen from Bridgeport, a house called Raised Eyebrows. I did a lot of work to it, including changing the roofline, which originally did resemble raised eyebrows. Now it's only got one eyebrow.
The new Fo'c'sle cafe, which I put in the space where the game autoplaced the Mick's Master Karaoke, was built using a residential house over in the desert side of Lucky Palms. I love the houses there that are made to be houses rezoned from former commercial buildings. It's a neat idea, and adds a bit of history to the town, since those business apparently went under when the lake dried out. The Fo'c'sle house was once a yacht club.
However, those houses are all one or two bedrooms at the most, and cost a lot more than regular houses of their size due to the amount of decor and structural stuff needed to make the houses look like they were once commercial property. So they are sitting empty while the families in town clamor for affordable housing with enough bedrooms for their growing families. So, I'm trying to reclaim as many of these houses as I can as commercial property and replace them with better actual houses.

I gave Kiran the Handy trait on age up, because the new house has new plumbing which I'm sure will break eventually, and I'm hoping he'll have the urge to fix and upgrade stuff. 
Kiran is now available for download, here on the Generations page, or in My Studio on the EA site.

Coming up soon. Kiran wishes to go to Egypt, Suresh wishes to travel abroad and has a work opportunity to bring in some relics, and Lourdes has an opportunity to visit Egypt to disable some traps. So, we're saving up for a trip. Of course, if Lourdes does end up pregnant, plans might change a bit. 

Darleen and Suchandra had another boy, Ezra.
Kamala and Alvaro also had a son, I forget what they named him.

31 comments:

  1. Suresh the Magic Dragon. LOL! Kamala's maternity outfit was hysterical.

    So much bed hopping! Mine are so tame right now. I'm surprised all the females aren't pregnant.

    Love the club and new house.

    Kiran, remember Chelsea?

    Lourdes and Suresh are adorable.

    Congrats to both sets of parents on the births of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh is definitely the King of Laughs.
      I have a ton of medieval/fantasy clothes for one of my other stories, and the people in this town keep wanting to use that stuff.

      I'm surprised Lourdes isn't pregnant already, she tends to go for the risky woohoo.

      Thanks! The house is still so empty right now. But it was hard for me to take pictures in the old house, with those tiny rooms.

      I was hoping that being family oriented would make Kiran wish to marry Chelsa right away, but he's all about socializing with his coworkers instead. He had like 3 karaoke wishes for different coworkers, but he only had one slot open to lock it, so I picked one who was actually loitering around outside the club. He really only danced with Shelly, he didn't get any wishes. So maybe that will all be nothing, lol.

      I feel bad that Darleen didn't get a girl like she wanted.

      Delete
  2. I guess Darleen will never get that girl LOL. Suresh is still in denial LOL The heir may end up being a playboy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she's had 5 boys now. But it could still happen. Not that I want her to keep breeding, or my whole town will related. =P
      Suresh is so in denial. But it's cute.
      It's hard to say where Kiran will go. He is Family Oriented, so I do expect him to wish to settle down, but so far he hasn't.

      Delete
  3. Duuude, your sims are rabbits!

    My favorite was "I have nothing to say about this picture."

    ...though magic dragon was close.

    Poor Alvaro. =P I hope you let us see pics of his and Kamala's kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Little furry breeders, they are.
      I really wanted to have something to say about that picture, but I just couldn't.
      Magic dragon, however, yeah. Take any situation and Suresh will use it to self aggrandize.

      Alvaro's reputation will not let go. I will totally get pics of their kid(s) when they are old enough.

      Delete
  4. Suresh the magic dragon didn't live by the seaaaaaaa! I have a planning conference at my sons school today and I'm going to be humming that throughout now. Thanks for helping keep the 'Crazy Mommy' label right where it belongs on my forehead! Ha!

    Loved seeing Shayleighs outfit on Kamala. I about died it was so awesome.

    Oh, all the bedhopping! lol! Wow! There are no boundaries when it comes to parties and who does what where in that town are there?

    So is Chelsea ever going to get to move in with Kiran? Or has that wish just not popped up for him yet? Or will you go and grab Darlene so she can roll a wish to see Kiran married? lol

    And, oh Alvaro! No. No one will ever forget. And the SP notices mean as much to us as your wedding vows seemed to mean to you that one time. Just FYI. Ah! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also didn't frolic in the autumn mists. Suresh does not frolic.

      I rolled over laughing when Kamala showed up in that get up, too. It looks so out of place anywhere but Summerdream.

      You know what this town needs? A stern lecture from Estella. You must send her to have a talk with my Sims about boundaries.

      Kiran hasn't rolled any wishes to marry or move in with Chelsea. Which makes me sad.
      Darleen wished to see him marry before he moved out, but he's heir so I think I can't use someone else's wish to get him married like I could for a spare. But he is family oriented so I do expect him to pop the wish sometime. I hope so, anyway.

      LOL, Alvaro is doomed to b the dirty cheating bastard forever.

      Delete
  5. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would tell you I'm crying, but you told me you like making me cry, which I think was rather cruel so... My eyes are soooo dry. Where are the eyedrops? ;p

    KAMALA!!!! AHAHAHESKAJDSIUSGHABDSLIAZJKAPLS:Lkjhgabhnjkl:poiuytfrd LOL! Is there not a way to blacklist those outfits per save file? Your townies seem to love playing 'dress like I'm in Summerdream'.

    Your orgy birthday parties seem to get more and more out of hand as time goes on! Don't think you need to worry about running out of sims to marry...

    Suchandra terrified me waaaay at the beginning, when you mentioned he was in his underwear and Darleens sister was leaving... :|
    First Alvaro (Sorry, Al. That one will be hanging over your head forever.), and now Kiran seems to be looking elsewhere :|
    I suppose Kiran isn't married, so it's not as bad because maybe he'll roll a wish to break up with Chelsea, but he still needs to pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, now I've lost my right to have the 'cruelty free' label on my blog. =P

      I think there is a way to use Nrass Dresser to blacklist outfits, but I don't know if it's per neighborhood. I put that mod in my game once, and it immediately put piercings and back hair on Aymeri and Riain before I could even twiddle with the settings, so I ditched it.
      Instead I just use MC to makeover anyone who puts on a Summerdream costume. Though there's way too much of that going on.

      All my parties turn into orgies. I should probably mess wit the Woohooer tunings to turn that down. But then again, my parties are always epic with all that woohoo, lol.

      Suchandra scared me for a second, too. So I was glad to find out that he was just getting done with marital woohoo while Shelia was going in for woohoo with her own husband. Though, eeew, Suresh's bed must have been nasty by the end of that party...

      Kiran isn't married yet, no. I wasn't sure if I should include the last bit there, dancing with Shelly. But, it happened. If this were a regular story, I'd be following up on that, but with a wishacy, I have to go with his wishes or what he does autonomously. And he hasn't had any wishes for Shelly, he just danced with her. He also hasn't had any wishes for Chelsea after the first night in the new house, so I can't progress that either until he does.

      Delete
  6. Love the new house. Looks roomy. Kiran did age up nicely, let's hope there isn't trouble with Shelley. But who knows what trouble they will get in to.

    Suresh makes me laugh, glad he's sticking around for this generation. I don't know how you are gonna manage what will turn out to be a very full house I'm sure with all the risky woo-hooing going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really roomy,. And I'm sure as empty as it is now, it won't be long before there's kids everywhere. =P

      Part of me wants Kiran to be a good by and settle down with Chelsea, but part of me loves the drama. But it's up to him really. He gets what he wishs for. Which, so far, has been karaoke with his work buds. =(

      Suresh was too fun to let go of. But having two couples (assuming Kiran does being a woman into the house) and kids will make a very crowded house.

      Delete
  7. Wow Chelsea, I guess she felt the need to claim Kiran as a young adult. XD

    I'm also surprised that Lourdes isn't pregnant yet.

    Is it wrong that I kind of want Kiran to roll some wishes for Shelly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, she didn't even let him have cake before she was dragging him into bed.
      I'm sure it won't be too long before Lourdes does get pregnant.

      No, it's not wrong. I kind of want that too. Drama! But then I've always liked Chelsea, so I'm kind of torn. In the end it' up to him, and just hope he rolls a wish to marry someone.

      Delete
  8. LOL your parties always turn into orgies. Why did Kamala raid a fairy's closet? Pregnancy hormones? :D Oh, Alvaro! I'll be your friend! LMAO. The house is great, and I loved the outside of the new coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. As soon as my family can afford it, they're getting a hot tub. So hopefully Sims will start woohooing in that instead of the beds.

      Way too many of my townies are raiding my fairy/medieval closets. The random outfits are crazy enough with just contemporary clothes, but the Summerdream stuff just makes the insanity even more absurd.

      Alvaro is happy he has onefriend at least, lol.

      Thanks. I had a really hard time deciding on a house. I didn't have a modern house plan I fly like building from scratch so I picked up a house from an EA town and worked on it. The rooms are so huge! My builds are usually not so large. But it's good for picture taking, and there's plenty of room for as many kids as they can pop out.

      The credit for the coffeeshop goes to EA, really. I gutted the interior to make it a cafe, but on the exterior I just added a few things to what was already there. It's a great building, very whimsical. But they made it a one bedroom house that cost over 50k, so, not a starter. And most townies with that kind of money usually have families and need more bedrooms.

      Delete
    2. *does the flirty finger pointing thing* So Alvaro, you wanna get outta here? LOL.

      Delete
  9. So, the real bye-bye to the first gen is here.
    great house! Yeah, I like as little work as possible. I didn't like the houses in MV that were second-home prices n it killed me to have to build.
    ''But I haven't even had cake yet.'' Lol!
    They Are always getting down w some risky woohoo atyour parties.
    Shelly, huh? Idk how I feel about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically I did start gen 2 when Kiran was a teen.There's a slight difference in game play, the heir's wishes must be followed and take precedence over all other Sims' wishes, while with the spares/spouses, you can still only direct them to fulfill wishes, but you can blow off their wishes if you don't want to do them.
      But I still have that mindset of YA being the 'real' start of a generation. Also, I just didn't get around to changing the banner.
      I do lile building houses from scratch, from houseplans, but none were relly ding it for me. And I love renovating EA houses, so that's what I did. Thanks!

      LOL, poor Kiran never did get birthday cake.
      But he did get woohoo. The risky kind.

      Honestly, the Shelly thing will probably come to nothing. For Sims, they can dance all night without it meaning anything. Kiran could suddenly roll wishes about her, but I'd be kind of surprised if he did. She is a regular guest for their parties, and she has the Flirty trait, so there's always a chance something could happen with that. We'll see if Alvaro gets to keep the dirty cheating bastard title to himself, lol.

      Delete
  10. Oh...oh man, I know that feeling when you see your sims wearing silly outfits XD

    I doubt it comes to much with Shelly, Although I always love a DRAMA BOMB! With sims though lol they'll randomly roll going to the part or something boring instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet you do, Aeon. You've got a few stories that require special costumes, too.

      Yeah, the Shelly thing probably won't amount to anything, since dancing doesn't mean much to Sims. I do love a drama bomb, myself, but I think this one is a dud, lol.

      Delete
  11. Oh goodness gracious.
    Suresh is a crack up. I'm still angry Lourdes stole him from me... hmph.
    Maybe I'll download him and get around to creating a simself. Then I can have Suresh ;D

    anyway, hilarious as always. Let's hope Kiran settles down soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's plenty of Suresh to go around!
      But in the end, it was Darleen's wish to see him married that made the marriage to Lourdes happen. Really, he was happy to be single and available.

      Thanks!
      Kiran does need to settle down sometime and get some kids for Gen 3.

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness. So much risky woohoo! I hope Kiran isn't about to misbehave. O.O Then Shelly will win! I don't want Shelly to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sims get up to insane amounts of woohoo.
      So far, all Kiran has done is dance.
      And you can see in the next chapter, just published, what happens with him. =D

      Delete
  13. So funny. Tons of woohoo too. Can I ask, am I the only one scared of the mid-life crisis wishes that are sure to pop up eventually?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!
      I am actually terrified of the midlife crisis wishes coming in to ruin my happy relationships.

      Delete
  14. Kiran is available for download? *runs off to download Kiran*

    Oh yeah---the story! lol I loved Kamala's maternity outfit---I have that one too, I haven't had an occasion to use it quite yet, but my game seems to be quite fond of it. =D

    I think Kiran would rather have the woohoo than the cake anyway. Throw in a little daredevil risky woohoo, and what more could he want? lol I like Chelsea---I hope he decides he wants to marry her. If she ends up getting preggers, he might roll the wish to marry then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Kiran is available. =D

      That was the first time I'd seen that outfit chosen for random, and I cracked up. But at least I know I have something Ico can wear when she starts showing. =P

      I agree woohoo>cake. And you can still have cake afterwards.

      Delete
  15. Oh my gods! The fire breathing picture,,,,, I almost fell out of my chair laughing *LOLOLOL*

    The family loves to play musical beds. ^_^

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the musical bed, yes...lots of that.

      Suresh the magic dragon was pretty classic. =D

      Delete