Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chapter 2: Like a Lullaby


Suchandra has no intention of being a single parent for long. Right after he wakes up (usually around 10am), he calls and invites Darleen over so he can propose marriage.


Maybe he should have waited to call her after he showered, since he jumps right in as soon as he hangs up. Darleen lets herself in when she shows up.

"There you are!" she coos to her daughter "I thought I might have left you in the trunk of that taxi."


Once he's all clean, Suchandra wastes no time queueing up the romantic interactions so he can work up to proposing.


Finally! Darleen accepts.


"So, I should call my mother and start planning our wedding," Darleen suggests.

"We can just get married right here. No ceremony needed. My people call that a gandharva wedding."

"You're just making stuff up," Darleen protests.

"I swear, I'm not. That's the way we do it."


Darleen is convinced, and they get married right there in his living room.


Darleen brought 5 grand into the marriage, enough money to add on a new master suite. Kamala's crib gets moved into the old bedroom. Also, the broken toilet gets replaced.


The newlyweds celebrate the way newlyweds do.


Darleen is artistic, and has a desire to learn street art skills. Suchandra has a wish to give Darleen a gift, So, using the money she brought into the family, he buys her a street art kit.


Darleen immediately starts tagging up their driveway.


Quality parenting. Just drop the kid on the floor so they can go woohoo.


Darleen is actually family oriented, and wakes up early to take care of Kamala's needs.


Then it's back to tagging up the house.


When she earns her street art skill point, she gains rebel influence, and the powers that be grant her a megaphone.

"Hey, Suchandra! Wake up!"


"My energy bar is not yet full..."

"It's Kamala's birthday. We should throw a party."

"Okay."

"After we woohoo."


After some morning woohoo (well, it's getting close to afternoon woohoo, as Suchandra likes to sleep in) the couple invite Darleen's family and a few friends over to celebrate Kamala's birthday. 

Suchandra gets a little make over. Darleen likes what she sees.

"Let's woohoo again."

"The guests will be here soon..."

"We have time for a quickie."


Not quite, actually. Guests start filing into the bedroom before Suchandra and Darleen can finish.


And this is how Suchandra meets his father-in-law, Omar Matlapin.

"Don't embarrass me, Dad," Darleen warns. Like having your father walk in on your woohoo isn't embarrassing enough.


While Suchandra gets to know Omar, Darleen is plotting to get he dad out of the room so she can throw Suchandra on the bed again. Just give it a rest, Darleen.


Time for some birthday cake. Darleen's mom, Mariana, is pregnant.


Darleen 'helps' Kamala blow out the candles.


And Kamala becomes a toddler. She's got her father's golden skin color, but in a darker shade, and his pale eyes. But she got her mother's facial structure.


"Your house is kind of small and shabby," Kitty Price, one of her parents' old friends, comments, "You don't even have a proper dining table."


"And your neighborhood is kind of trashy, too. There's graffiti all over your driveway."


"Can we get that woohoo now?" Darleen asks.

"There are still guests here," Suchandra points out.

"So what?"


Sneaking back into the bedroom for a quickie. This time no one barged in on them.


Omar and Mariana are still very passionate about each other.


Oh, hey, you guys did not just woohoo in Darleen and Suchandra's bed. Yes, yes you did. Well, now we know where Darleen's libido comes from...


After changing Kamala's dirty diaper, Suchandra wanted to potty train her. Because who wants to change dirty diapers?


The next morning, way before Suchandra's energy bar is full, Darleen pulls out her megaphone. "Hey, Suchandra! Let's make a baby!"


Who would have thought Suchandra, celestial musician of Indra's court, would end up the woohoo slave of his mortal wife?

"I'm really, really tired, Darleen..."

"I want a baby!"

"All right, Just, put the megaphone away, okay?"


Since's he's up, he might as well get in some guitar practice. Lovely view there, in the back yard.


Wedding presents start arriving in the mail. Daarleen's mom sent an easel, and her dad sent an electric guitar. How thoughtful. They also got a new, higher end boombox and some paintings.


Darleen decides to teach Kamala to walk.


Money is still tight, but that doesn't stop  Suchadra from wanting to buy expensive, unnecessary exercise equipment.


Random shot of Darleen and Kamala. Darlen wants 5 kids. But, despite all the risky woohoo, she hasn't gotten pregnant again.


Suchandra wants to play guitar at a party. Darleen's parents just so happened to be having a party to celebrate the birth of their new baby girl, Shelia. 

"Wow, your parents are rich, Darleen!"


Quality parenting. Kamala gets left out on the walkway while her parents go inside.


Omar, this isn't your first child. You must know how to hold a baby, right?


Okay, then. More quality parenting.


Suchandra gets his wish to play guitar at a party. Doing this makes him late for work, but it's what he wanted.


Parents. So embarrassing.


Omar and Mariana try to sneak off for a little woohoo at their party, only to be interrupted by Darren Dreamer, who just wants to dance.

"Darren, do you mind?" Mariana complains.

"It's okay, dear. I have to pee anyway," Omar says.


Her parents are dancing in their underwear with Darren, her previous love interest before she met Suchandra. Gossip around town is that Darren has been going steady with Marisol Loera, but that hasn't stopped him from sending Darleen creepy, stalkerish love letters. Darleen decides this is pretty much a good time to pick up Kamala and leave.


"Your daddy is at work making money for us, so I can afford to buy a painting worth at least $250."


He got woken up that morning way before his energy bar was full, and by the time he gets home from work, Suchandra is dead tired. But he still wants to chat with Darleen before he drops into bed.



They both nap for a couple of hours, fully dressed, before Suchandra wakes her up again for a little woohoo.

"Did you hear that?" he asks sleepily when they finally settle in for some real seep.

"Hear what?" she asks.

"Celestial music," he says, "It sounded like a lullaby."

____________________________________

There actually is a type of marriage called a gandharva marriage, which is done without ceremony, just the mutual agreement of the two partners. A lot like a Sim private wedding, actually. Suchandra was not bullshitting Darleen about that.

So, I had Darleen throw a birthday party for Kamala after she rolled a wish for it. But when it came to cake time, I realized I'd have to direct her to blow out the candles, and I wasn't sure it was allowed. But, she did have a wish to have a great birthday party, too, and my understanding is if guests don't get see a age up at a birthday party, they trash your party rating, so I kind of counted the candle blowing as required to achieve the great party wish.

Not that this matters, but I hated some of the paintings they got as wedding gifts, so I sold them and replaced them with art I liked that cost roughly the same. Darren Dreamer sent a sculpture worth 4k. It's a medieval conversion that I don't want around the house. But I'd feel cheaty about selling something worth that much, so it's siting in inventory until I get round to deleting it.

I did know that in the canon from Sims 2, Darleen married Darren, but I didn't know they came as romantic interests in Lucky Palms. He's still a romantic interest for Darleen, but she hasn't rolled any wishes pertaining to him, so I can't do anything with or about it.

The autonomous woohoo...man. I swear it's not this bad in my other neighborhoods. I turned down pregnancy chance for both risky and try for baby, though. And since they can do both autonomously, I'm not directing my actives to try for baby even when they have a wish. (Darleen currently has a have baby wish), So, it's up to risky woohoo or what they get up to autonomously.

31 comments:

  1. All I could think about while reading this was, 'man Darleen is horny as hell.' ROFL! And your comment about Suchandra not bullshitting about the gandharva marriage, made me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darleen is almost always the one that initiates woohoo. Every time Suchandra starts doing something usefu (or something stupid, too) she 's coming up to him with that bed in her thought bubble.
      But now that she's got an easel, she's into painting autonomously a lot, so maybe that will cool her ardor.
      I laughed though when Suchandra woke up from his nap in the last picture and started up the woohoo before she was even fully awake.

      Delete
  2. I was laughing the whole dang time!

    Yes, we do see where Darleen gets her libido. What is it with these sims and their woohooing at their own parties? Then they did it at their granddaughter's bday party as well! ew!

    Oh man! I wonder if anything is going to come of Darren Dreamer and Darleen. I wonder how Darleen died in sims 2. In one of my ancient, deleted stories I had her die of sickness, but I don't remember if the game told us or not. Then Darren resurrected her just before becoming an elder, and for some stupid reason it no longer had her the mother of their son, so their son started flirting with her. ugh. Sorry, a little off topic there.

    I love all the quality parenting going on the neighborhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having a legacy that's mostly comedy. No MorcuCorp stealing anyone's babies or implanting chips in people's heads, lol.

      I was rolling on the floor laughing when Darleen's parents wen to woohoo in Darleen & Suchandra's bed. At their toddler granddaughter's birthday party. They have no shame, lol.

      In Sims 2, Darleen died in a fire, iirc. I'm wondering if Darleen is ever going to roll wishes about Darren. So far, none, and they didn't interact at all at her parents' party.

      Delete
  3. LOL! I love this so much! Sims are so hilarious. I forget because I obsessivly manage their every move, but the moment's I don't tend to have me rofling.

    I really want to do this, but I just don't have the time right now. When my RL is finished, I'll do a wishacy as a break. Possibly. I love the RL, if only there was a way to mix them! *sigh*

    Can't wait to see how many kids they end up with! Darleen is soooo horny they could have thousands! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gem! I started this to get away from my micromanaging ways for awhile.
      I'm loving it so much I've been neglecting my other projects. I thought about ways to combine the RL, but you really have to direct your Sims a lot in that to do the goals, so it's not a good mix.

      Darleen wants 5 kids for her LTW, but yeah, the way she goes at it, they might end up populating the whole town, lol.

      Delete
  4. Darleen, you be crazy!

    Okay, the street art makes me want UL. Damn you. >=( Now I have to go get it.

    I don't have tiiime fo' dis!

    Anyway the last line was my favorite. Baby music. ;D

    Suchandra is so fun to look at. His face just amuses me for some reason. Not in a bad way. I feel like I'm looking at art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darleen is a lot of fun, lol. Well, unless you are the target of the wake with megaphone interaction. Poor Suchandra.
      UL has a lot of fun features.
      I love the way Suchandra looks, too.

      Delete
  5. Kamala is so cute! I love the first outfit she is wearing...

    And I am so not sure I could lay of the control to play a wishacy. kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, nachtstern!
      I think Kamala is very cute, too.
      It is tough not controlling the Sims to make them so the most intelligent thing is tough, but I'm having a blast with it. =D

      Delete
  6. Oh, this made me laugh! Thanks!

    And Suchandra in that new-do is still a yummy sight.
    I had this problem with Buck and Helen, forever in bed. Foooooor-eeeeeeeh-ver. I had to tweak woohooer settings in the end so that they'd actually socialize with other people. Yeah. That didn't work either. But at least you know where Darlene gets it from!

    And, on the subject of raising a larva without controling your sims. You have my pity. I think I'd pull my hair out with all the quality parenting going on. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny!
      I love Suchandra's new hair. I got tired of the old hairstyle constantly clipping into hisschest, but I'm actually happier with the new look.

      The quality parenting going on here is insane. Darlene being Family Oriented helps, but still, they'll puta hungry toddler that has to pee in a crib before she's tired enough to sleep, and the rules don't allow you to stop them (unless you can distract them with something that will fulfill a wish).

      Delete
  7. Terrific chapter---loved it! Suchandra and Darleen are such a fun couple. Suchandra has such a hard mortal life---being the woohoo slave of his wife, lol I like his new hairdo, it suits him. Their daughter, Kamala, is a cutie pie!

    Sims autonomy is fun to watch, the things they do, lol I haven't seen the wake up by megaphone yet, poor Suchandra! Spring has taken to autonomously ranting about love, which I find hilarious. :P

    Woohooer is fun, lol It's always like that on a fresh game for me, especially if there are no other fun objects around for them (like a tv). I like the autonomy of it though, which is why I turn the success rate down. :) It does eventually calm down, at least in my games after that initial first generation. Though family oriented sims are the worst, they will keep at it until they are preggers, and then usually they chill out until the baby becomes a toddler.

    I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nirar!
      Darleen has an insane libido, she's all over Suchandra.

      Forthefirst couple of days after she got the megaphone, her favorite thing was to wake Suchandra up with it. But she's given it a rest lately. Which is nice for him, he can sleep in.
      There really isn't much else fun for them to besides woohoo, I guess, since money is so tight. Suchandra plays his guitar a lot. Darleen has one too, and is in the music career (though she's been home on maternity leave forever), but she never plays. Once she got the easel, she started going for that. And she's Childish, so she plays with the kids' toys. But still, she goes after Suchandra an awful lot, still.

      Next chapter will be soon,I played a lot this weekend. I keep meaning to go in and shoot for Summerdream, but I get sucked backed into this save. I'm just so addicted. So, I'm deciding if I should do a short Summerdream chapter with what I have, or wait until I shoot more, lol.

      Delete
  8. Caterpillar: Really enjoyed this chapter with the babies and lots of humor. The megaphone is one way to wake someone up. My families with pets always get their wake up all from their dog or cat. Kamala is a very cute toddler. The things that interrupt a romantic moment can be annoying (someone walking in, phone ringing, etc). Hope Darleen doesn't get into celebrity status before she breaks up with Darren or she'll get the cheating or naughty reputation. It happened to one of my Sims who hadn't broken off their high school romantic interest.

    Anyways looks like your wishacy is fun. My Salvatore family is a Wishacy, too.

    Silver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silver! This is a very light-hearted, comedic story.
      When I first got Pets, I got a huge laugh out of the cat waking the owners. Our cat Yang would regularly wake my husband at 3am in real life, so it was fun to see they included that in Sim cats.

      I keep hoping Darleen will get a wish to text Darren, that way I can send him a break up text. Because otherwise, I can't think of a way to break off the romantic interest that is allowed by Wishacy rules.

      Thanks for reading, Silver!

      Delete
  9. Haha I love Darleen! The constant woohoo and megaphone is hilarious.

    I knew Darleen's mom looked pregnant when she and Omar were woohoo-ing at Kamala's party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The constant woohoo is hilarious. But when she stops him from doing something useful like cleaning the toilet, it can get annoying. But, still, it's a fun way to play, I'm having a great time with this challenge.

      Darleen's parent's had their second pregnancy really late; they turned elder a few days after Sheia was born. I hope thy last long enough so she has parents until she's old enough to be on her own.

      Delete
  10. This chapter is friggen hysterical. In my Random Legacy, Derek and Shae are constantly off woohooing. The second I leave them to their own devices, that's the only thing they'll do. Numerous times in a row. I don't know how they manage without getting tired.

    Also..Kamala is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =D Thanks, sparkle.
      This chapter was fun for me too. Sometimes I think woohooer pushes the autonomous woohoo too hard, because they are always at it.

      Kamala is pretty. I haven't looked in CAS to see howshe ages up, but I have high hopes. Her mother is really beautiful (surprising for an EA Sim) so she's got good genes.

      Delete
  11. Omgosh. This was so funny. I am having a blast reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm having a blast playing and writing this. It's a nice change from my more dramatic, plot-driven stories, to just go with whatever stupid stuff Sims get up to on their own.

      Delete
  12. hahahaha her parents. I definitely see where she gets it from. Man she is on a mission to have those babies or at least a lot of practice in making them. Too funny.

    Sims love to just leave those babies sitting around. Honestly I don't know how you do this because I would have had to take over by now.

    Let's hope they get that baby they are after or the poor guy won't ever be able to rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darleen is seriously horny. She initiates most of the woohoo. And, yeah, looking at her parents, you can see where she gets it.

      Sims are the worst parents! They really need us to raise their kids for them, lol.

      Darleen never lets up, lol.

      Delete
  13. Kamala is gonna be gorgeous when she grows up! Those eyes, oh my. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! Kamala does grow up beautiful.

      Delete
  14. I freaking love Darleen. Let's see those 5 babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your Wishacy here... OMG this is so great. :)Lovin' it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, buckeygirl! Thanks so much, and thanks for creating such an awesome legacy challenge. I'm really enjoying playing this way. I'm usually such a huge control freak on my Sims, so it's been a really different experience to go with their wishes and autonomous behaviors.

      Delete
  16. This is so funny. Gotta love the parenting skills... Didn't they read books? haha

    ReplyDelete