Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chapter 9: You Will Marry This Woman

________________________


Suchandra has played some video games, and suddenly he's a nerd qualified to go around berating everyone for ignorance. And, yes, he'll interrupt his kids doing homework to berate them for ignorance.


Suresh graduates with highest honors and is Valedictorian. He's also voted 'Class Clown' by his schoolmates. In the background is Suchandra is rocking his formal wear. I think that's the first time we've seen it.

Suresh wants to be CEO someday, and helpfully wishes to get a job in the business career right away.


Lourdes also aged up and Suresh wants to make out with her. Trying to make out on the couch failed as his brothers lined up to berate her for ignorance or boast about their gamerz skills  and kept interrupting the interaction.


After Kamala moved out, Kiran took her room. Suresh continued sleeping in the bunk bed of the room they shared, but now that he's a YA, he got a double bed, which just barely fits. So we move the make out session in here. Wish fulfilled!


"So, we're in bed, in our underwear..." Lourdes waggles her brows at Suresh, "Risky woohoo?"

Suresh is up for that.


Darleen, why are you in Suresh's room?

There's art in here and I need to scan it.

Do you have no respect for your son's privacy?

Respect? Privacy?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just, keep in mind that you have a locked in wish to see Suresh get married. It might be in your best interests to look less crazy in front of the prospective daughter-in-law. Just saying.


Lourdes wakes up at the crack of dawn and starts washing dishes and putting away the the toys Darleen leaves lying around al over the place.

You are going to marry this woman, Suresh.


Kiran realizes that video games are an evil influence that turned his family into obnoxious little shits that go around berating everyone's ignorance. When he becomes the leader of the free world, he will see to it that all video games are banned.


After work, Suresh wants to invite Lourdes over. As soon as she comes in, she starts making the beds.


And cleaning the bathtub.


Suresh wants to woohoo. That's fine Suresh. Just know that you will marry this woman, even if I have to use your mother's wish to make it happen.

But I'm happy with the way things are...

I'm sorry, but SP could steal Lourdes away from you at any time. Don't you want to make your mother happy?

Not really.

I'd prefer that you wish to marry or propose to her yourself, but if you don't, I'm using your mother's wish before you move out. This is happening, Suresh.


Meanwhile, Kiran is still in love with Chelsea.


Aw, first woohoo. In the theater. How sweet.


Suresh has been making friends with his co-oworkers, and decides he wants to be best friends with Keon Roush, a file clerk like himself, and also Lourdes' brother. So, I send him to the arcade where I noticed Keon was already involved in a game of ping pong. I turn my attention away for a second to check on things at home, and find Suresh at the arcade hoops, and Keon still playing ping pong. 
As I focus on him, Suresh magically gets his wish, he's best friends with Keon even though they haven't interacted.

I'm just that amazing. I'm the King of Charisma. I can make friends just by being in the same room with other Sims.



The whole Roush family, including Lourdes, show up at the arcade. Lourdes makes a beeline for Suresh, grabbing him and pulling him into the photobooth. For woohoo, of course.




"Look, Suresh, it's a cute kitty!

Obviously, the cat is bowing to the awesomeness that is Suresh.


'Why are there cats in the bowling alley?' my husband asks. 

'Because there are cats. And there are bowling alleys,' I shrug. Does it really require an explanation?



It's taken a really long time for Suchandra to get into his Loves the Outdoors trait. But now that he's aced his career and LTW, and his kids are all teens or older, his life is now all about fishing.


Tuna. Suchandra wants to catch five of them. And one of them should be amazing. Also, it would be really cool if he could catch something with live bait. And he wants to grow an onion. Because he just discovered that it's tuna bait.


Suresh wants to go on a date with Lourdes. The bistro looks nice, and no one in the family has ever gone there.


Lourdes is starting to wonder why she has gotten a diamond from Suresh yet. 

I'd make a perfect wife. I'm Neat, Frugal, Nurturing. And a Great Kisser. What more does he want?

I wish I knew, Lourdes. 


The dance club opens at 7. So, I'm letting the lovebirds chill at the diner until then. Wow, this is the greatest date ever Suresh.

Totally!

Sigh.


So, while we're waiting for the club to open, I check on the situation at home. Apparently, someone put a serving plate of spaghetti in the fridge right before it went off. So now everyone is grabbing a plate of it from the fridge, taking two bites before it goes off, and putting it down in disgust, Still hungry, they grab another plate of the same spaghetti...and so on. Now everyone is starving and suffering the from disgusted moodlet.

Okay, I'm outta here. You guys better have this cleaned up by the time I get back. And eat something that isn't going to make you puke.


I spent a few hours sprucing up the Drinks at the Diamondback venue. Apparently no one appreciates my efforts.


Instead of going upstairs to the fabulous dance floor with gobo lights and effects and stuff, Suresh and Lourdes dance in the lounge downstairs. There's like one other customer in the whole place.

Lourdes really wants that proposal. Suresh?

Nope. I'm happy with the way things are.


Too bad. Your mother wishes to see you get married. You're getting married, Mama's Boy.


"Oh, Suresh! You've made me the happiest woman in Lucky Palms!"

Suresh is now engaged. Since Love Day is coming up, he'll get married then.


Okay, how are you having a route failure in a completely empty space?

There's a seed?

A seed? 

Well, I don't know. It's the only thing around. What else could it be? My route has failed! Help me!



Afterschool on the day before Love Day, Kiran throws the fifth of the five parties he's had a wish to throw. Suchandra is out performing a concert and Darleen is doing an opportunity to teach a handiness class at the military base. This party also marks Kiran's lest day of high school, as tomorrow i a holiday and his birthday is on the weekend. All the guests are teens, except Suresh and Lourdes.



Who are taking the role of responsible adults seriously.


Rajendra wanted to learn this girl's sign. And she asked if he had a girlfriend. Then, he was tired and went to bed.


The party goes on to the late hours.


"Hey, good looking..."

"Eeew, I'm engaged to your son..."




3am. Lourdes wakes up and starts dancing. Darleen still hasn't gone to bed.


4:30am. Still at it.


7am, Suresh wakes up and takes a shower.

"So, it's Love Day. I guess we should do this."

"In my underwear?"

"Sure, why not."

Darleen's thought bubble as she rushes out of the room catches my attention. You guys didn't...?


Suresh gets married, fulfilling his mother's wish.


Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. You know we don't have enough rooms for this, right?

I want a girl.

Of course you do. But it's too late for me to do anything about that. Good luck!


Most of the family heads out to the Spring Festival. Oh look it's the---

Please don't call me dirty cheating bastard...

Well, you earned it, didn't you?

It was just one kiss! I've been faithful ever since. If you're so concerned about marital fidelity, maybe you should go check on your founder.

I'm sorry, what?

Suchandra. On the dance floor. Flirting with my sister.

Oh, shit---

Hey, wait! Before you go, Kamala is pregnant, you know.

"Yeah? That's great! You better be good to her, or I'm coming for you.



Suchandra is indeed flirting with Yuna Tanner on the dance floor.

What the hell, Suchandra?


"Mom! Dad! This is my bedroom!"

_____________________________

Officially, I'm on gen 2 with Kiran as heir. But for the moment his life and wishes have been on the dull side. Read 20 books, make 15 friends kind of thing. So Suresh's first days as a YA have taken center stage for this chapter.
I've decided that Kiran, Suresh and Lourdes will move out together once Kiran ages up (the next day I play). 
Kiran has chosen his LTW, to be Leader of the Free World.



26 comments:

  1. I cried with laughter. Several times.
    I don't even know where to start.

    The *first* thing I noticed about that picture, was Darleen's thought bubble. At first I thought it was coming from Lourdes, but then I realised and laughed even more.

    I love Suresh! :) So glad he'll be around, he seems to have calmed down a little as well.

    The coversation with your husband was brilliant! Non-simmers just don't geddit. And us simmers just don't even realise how odd things like that are :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gem. I love making you cry. With laughter, of course. =D
      Darleen and Suchandra snuck off for some risky woohoo. It figures she'd get pregnant.
      I';m happy to be keeping Suresh around too.

      Yeah, my husband doesn't get Sims at all. It's fun trying to explain things to him, because it just makes no sense most of the time.

      Delete
  2. hahahaha OMG I laughed so much during this. I love the commentary.

    Suresh poor guy forced into a marriage. Glad Kamala's hubby is being faithful now and more babies.

    Darleen got one more pregnancy in...that risky woo hoo when you weren't watching. And EW I'm with Suresh, in his bed...come on guys you have your own.

    Looks like you are gonna have to move someone out to make room for the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jaz!
      I was hoping Suresh would roll his own wish to get married, and I was wprried SP might steal Lourdes away because he was only 'romantic interest' with her. But in the end I had to use Darleen's wish to se Suresh get married to make it happen.

      Yeah, it was hard to keep an eye on Darleen and Suchandra. So now another baby is coming. I've been working on setting up a house for Kiran, Suresh and Lourdes to move into. Kiran ages up the next day I play, so I'm splitting the household up to have enough room for Gen 2 to have kids.

      The funny thing is even when you set bed ownership, the Sims will use use other Sim's beds for woohoo or naps. It is kind of gross, lol. I feel bad for Suresh walking in on that.

      Delete
  3. *Giggle. King of Charisma and Class Clown all in one chapter. Suresh, you certainly are the king. Don't think it's quite of what he thinks it is, but still. lol.

    And I love the made over lounge! It's so retro-groovy.

    Also, as to the whole 'privacy/respect' thing with Darleen and Suchandra I think that last pic speaks volumes. Ha! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh is a treasure, that is for sure.

      Lucky Palms is so retro, I love it. I love mid century modern, and LP just has so much of it. I added a bunch of club stuff to the hangout 'bar' venue that came with the town, but a lot of the design and color scheme was based on what was already there.

      Respect? Privacy? yeah, we haz none.

      Delete
  4. Cute cats!

    Good luck Darleen. <3 I'll be sad to leave you and Suchandra behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's something in new SP that's driving pets to breed like crazy. Before, I'd allow townies to adopt pets, and they would, but I never got notes about the Jones cat having the Smith's cats kittens. Now I'm constantly getting these pop ups about the pets in town breeding.
      Sooner or later I'm going to have to look into that.
      But, yeah, cats are cute!

      I hope Darleen does get the girl she wants. But I'm also looking forward to moving Gen 2 out to start their own household.

      Delete
  5. Love this! I laughed out loud several times. You have such a full house! Can't wait until next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I've been working on a house for Kiran & Suresh to move into. And while I was at it, I worked on some community lots for the town. I'm looking forward to playing again soon.
      The house is really too full, that's why I want to move my heir on with the one brother he'll be living with.

      Delete
  6. GOSHDARNIT, Lourdes, I wanted to marry Suresh!
    Well, fine. You go be happy then. And Suresh can continue to be the King :P lol.

    Suresh is hilarious. I'm glad Suchandra is getting some time to be an old man. Everyone needs it, sometimes (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!
      Suresh will always be king.
      And I'm really happy we got Lourdes. She's got that Neat trait, and she cleans everything all the time. At least, she did when she was a guest. I hope it continues now that she's in the house. Between her and Suresh, I hope everything stays nice and clean. =D

      Suchandra won't be an old man for a long time. He's still a YA and won't be an adult until Darleen is an elder. The genies have longer lives. That's why I passed over Rajendra and Darshan for heir, I wanted a normal human, and the last two kids were genies.
      But I will miss the magically cleaning.
      But Suchndra is acting like a guy having a midlife crisis, going around flirting, lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh, hur, I just realized you were talking about Suchandra's fishing obsession, not his dirty old man activities of running around flirting...

      Delete
    3. LOL it's okay. I'm not the clearest of people. Bwahaha.

      And yeah, your household NEEDED Lourdes.
      But I still want Suresh :(

      Delete
  7. Because there are cats, and then there are bowling alleys.
    Yes, of course, I understand that. We all understand that. Why wouldn't we?

    Yeah, I noticed the baby thing over her head first too. Figures, you weren't watching them for a few minutes. Quick! She's not paying attention! Let's risky woohoo in Suresh's bed!

    delightful as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's funny how the stuff you don't think about in Sims suddenly looks crazy when a non-simmer asks about them.

      I kind of knew Darleen and Suchandra would probably end up with a risky baby since I couldn't keep my eye on them all the time. It did help when she started working, so they weren't constantly at home together (her job has day hours, his is evening). But they still managed to sneak off and risky woohoo,

      Thanks, mypal!

      Delete
  8. This was so funny. Come on Suresh! Why didn't you wanna get married?!

    Also, what's up Suchandra? Don't turn into a cheating bastard! O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sparkle! I don't know what Suresh was waiting for, Lourdes is perfect wife material.

      I really hope Suchandra doesn't turn into a cheating bastard. I will be very upset with him if I catch him cheating.

      Delete
  9. I was laughing so much throughout this. The cat bowing to Suresh. Then Suchandra flirting on the dance floor, Darleen running for the bathroom with that thought bubble. I thought only my families could pull that off. I do not like the berating of ignorance though. It has not invaded my wishacy much, but everything else has been.

    Love the bar. I hope Kiran perks up in the wish department soon! Glad you were able to use Darleen's wish to get Lourdes married in. She is to great to let escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn, I had a fun time with this chapter.
      The berating for ignorance is super annoying. I've been looking for a no-autonomous mod for that, but no luck so far. So I got a no autonomous computer games, which I hope will slow the Nerd status at least.

      After the bar, I was inspired to build more community lots for the town, too. As well as getting a house set up for Kiran, Suresh and Lourdes to move into.
      Thank goodness for Darleen's wish to see Suresh married. I was worried I might lose Lourdes to SP.

      Delete
  10. "You have no brain?" Oh what a sad thing to say to someone. Maybe Suresh kept waiting because Lourdes wasn't treating him like the king that he so is. LOL. Poor Suresh, having his sheets soiled by his parents. EW!
    That fish Suchandra caught was almost the size of him! O_O
    What is that strange device Darleen has? That lounge was so colorful I love it. Too bad your Sims didn't appreciate it.
    Alvaro! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The berating for ignorance is the most annoying thing in this game since scolding kids for sneaking out hen they are just trying to go to school.
      I really, really hope someone mods it out soon, because it is driving me crazy. They do it all thetime for no reason, and it tanks the relationships.

      LOL, I thought maybe Suresh was hesitant to have such competition in the cleaning dept. Lourdes was coming in and cleaning his house for him, maybe he thought it made him look bad.
      I hate to think about the shet in this house, Especially since I can't make them do laundry unless they wish for it. =P
      The fish in this game are huge! Have you ever caught a frog or toad. They're frightening! And the snails...nightmare fuel.

      That device Darleen has is an art scanner. When you have a job in art appraisal, you have to scan art in your free time. It's not an object in inventory, you just click a painting and there's a 'scan' option.

      It was just a dead night at the club. Sometimes it gets really lively. Thanks, enjoyed decorating it.

      LOL, I'm glad Alvaro has a fan, he needs one.

      Delete
  11. lol--funny as always! I need a Lourdes sim for my RL house! Autonomous cleaning---I wish I could add that to my kids, lol :P

    I agree with that berate ignorance being the most annoying thing since Generations scolding. I use Twallan's Retuner mod to get rid of it.

    I hope you show Kamala's baby. I downloaded her and looked at her in CAS, and holy smokes---she is so pretty! And Kiran----I really love that hair on him!

    The neat thing about being a bit behind---I know I have several more chapters to enjoy, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nirar!
      I would love to have a Lourdes in real life too. My bathtub could use a good scrubbing,
      I finally added retuner just to get rid of the berate ignorance. It's a great mod, I'm glad I finally got it.

      I will definitely get some pics of Kamala's baby. Kamala really is pretty, I'm really happy with how she turned out. And Kiran, too.

      Delete
  12. Never a dull moment with this family :)

    I am glad to see it is working out for Suresh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh did finally get shoved to the altar, so to speak. He was certainly taking his sweet time. =D

      Delete