Friday, April 26, 2013

Chapter 11: Fred Philips is a Cat


Kiran, Suresh and Lourdes are all at work at their rabbithole jobs, so lets go around town and see what everyone else is up to...




There's Chelsea at the Summer Festival. Waddling around, obviously pregnant.

You don't think Kiran might want to know about this?

It's only been a couple of days since I last talked to him. 

Which means you're going to pop tomorrow, right? I really think Kiran should know about this before you give birth.

It's not my fault he'd rather go out for karaoke night with his coworkers than call me.

Point taken.


Hotdog contest with Kamala. Kamala and Alvaro just had a son, Dion.

I'm not sure all those nitrates and whatever goes into those hotdogs is good for your baby. 

It's okay. They're organic hotdogs.

So, organic nitrates?

Totally.

Chelsea is Eco-Friendly, so she's conscious about where her food comes from.


Kamala wins! But only because Suresh isn't competing. Suresh is still the King of Hotdogs.


Organic snow cone?

Shut up. 


Done with one snow cone, Chelsea immediately goes for another. 

I'm eating for two.

Somehow I don't think pounding a platter of hotdogs and following that up with two snow cones in quick succession qualifies as healthy eating.


"So, Chelsea, were you planning on telling my brother that you're having his baby?" Kamala asks.



"He hasn't invited me over since he knocked me up! How am I supposed to tell him? It's not like there's an 'I'm preggers and it's totally yours' texting option."


No one notices as Fred Philips tears the festival balloons to shreds.
Fred Philips is a cat. I'm amused by the stupidest things, I know.


After work, Suresh gets an opportunity to upgrade Pansy Northrop's stereo. Even though it's Kiran who has the Handy trait, people call on Suresh for this kind of work, because Suresh is clearly the better candidate. Suresh goes on to prove his obvious superiority by rolling a wish to upgrade 5 more objects once he finishes this job.

Kiran has never upgraded or fixed anything. Clearly, I am the better---

I know, Suresh. But we are past the candidate stage now.

And I won, right?

Sure. Sure you did. Now, upgrade that shower so we can avoid the everlasting puddles.


Kiran gets out of work an hour later, with a wish to have a drink. Yeah, I've had days like that, too. 

Everyone knows that it's not healthy to drink alone, so Kiran finds Chelsea to ask her to go out for drinks with him.



"Hey, bro, does Mom know you knocked up your girlfriend?"

"I didn't know I knocked up my girlfriend..."


"Can you say 'Daddy'?"

"I don't think they can talk that young."


The only bar in town doesn't open until 7. I'll have to remedy that by adding some venues. But, in the meantime, Kiran and Chelsea chill until they can get that drink he wants.

Okay, that's your third snowcone today, Chelsea.


At last, the club is open. So, platter of hotdogs, three snow cones, and now a cocktail. 
Quality pre-parenting.


Drink wish fulfilled, Kiran goes for some photobooth woohoo.


Tonight, the dance floor is seeing some serious smustle action.


Restroom is downstairs, Chelsea.

While she is peeing, Kiran makes a big decision; he wants to marry Chelsea.

And there was much rejoicing.


Kiran doesn't waste any time acting on this decision; he invites Chelsea home and proposes as soon as they are in the door.


Right now, he's just a ballot counter, but he's looking forward to a future in politics, eventually to becoming the Leader of the Free World, and it would be in the best interests of his career to be married before his baby is born. By the looks of things, that could happen any second now, so Kiran and Chelsea take their vows right there.


Fairy burglar. Huh, That's a new one.


Fairy burglar snagged the expensive unbreakable toilet before the cop came. Luckily, she won this fight and we got our toilet back.

And there was much rejoicing. Seriously, I put a lot of the furnishing budget into high end, unbreakable toilets. Losing one was not an option.


Much as I expected, Chelsea goes into labor at dawn.


Welcome Tamira Gandharva, the firstborn of Gen 3.

Tamira: Yay!


So, you have a few days off to settle in after your wedding, what do you want to do?

Just chill in the pool.

You've got a locked in wish to visit Egypt...

Right, that, too. But we're taking Suresh. So we have to wait for him to get out of work.

_______________________

I was surprised to find Chelsea waddling around the festival. It had just been a day or so since Kiran had seen her, but that's all it takes. All that risky woohoo was bound to get someone pregnant, but I did think it would be Lourdes first.
So, that settled things for Kiran, he was pretty quick to roll that get married wish.
And yay for a baby girl...we haven't had once since Kamala was born.

So, in game I've actually already done the trip to Egypt, but I didn't want to cram all that into this chapter, so I'm leaving it here. And that means next chapter should be up soon, since I've already got the pics.

19 comments:

  1. Yay for weddings and babies! She ate a lot of snow cones :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen. I'm pretty happy that Kiran settled down. I might have wanted to wait to start having kids, but risky woohoo decided for me. =P
      The snow cones seem to be addictive, lol.

      Delete
  2. LOL that was funny. Chelsea was enjoying those snow cones. Congrats on the baby girl and the wedding. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble they get into in Egypt.

    Suresh...um you want to be the king of all things, but your brother got his girlfriend, now wife pregnant first. You are failing at something and that must be corrected. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jaz!
      Chelsea did llove those snow cones. Right after all those hotdogs, I'd be sick, but I guess she has a bottomless stomach.
      Egypt was fun, I shou;d have that chapter up tomorrow.

      LOL, I know, Suresh is not the king of baby making. He'll have to get on that to beat his brother.

      Delete
  3. Lol, I could have guessed Chelsea was going to have a girl; craving all those sweet snow cones :p
    LOVE the baby saying 'YAY!' LOL! Now whenever I see a baby in a stoller, they'll be going 'yay' in my head.

    Fred Philips makes me laugh too. Why do pets have surnames? So weird, and they're always such 'normal' names, while the sims get the weirdest names ever.

    Well done, Kiran. Rolled that wish to marry just in time, and congrats on bringing in the first (of likely too many) babies. Come on, Suresh! You may be a winner, but your sperm sure ain't! :p

    Can't wait for Egypt! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The babies in the strollers always go 'yay' in my head. They look so excited.

      I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a cat named Fred Philips is funny. I actually had to pause the game when I moused over and saw his name, so I could get all mu giggling out before I continued. It just seemed so absurd. And, yeah, we live in a world with Sims named Sha Sha, and cats named Fred.

      I was so afraid Kiran wasn't going to come through, but he rolled that wish just in time. And yeah, we've one baby already, no doubt with two couples, we're going to have way too many. Assuming Suresh has what it takes...lol, you know he's going to get competitive about this now.
      He is the King of Sperm...uh, wait, that's kind of..eeww. Yeah, not going there.

      Delete
  4. Woot! That's right! Suresh is the king of, oh wait. Suresh? You just lost your second race. Though I'd totally call on Suresh to fix my stereo too. I'd bet he'd be so determined to make sure he did it right that he'd throw in an upgrade for free. Ha!

    Quality Prenatal lifestyle there Chelsea! Let's hope Tamira doesn't suffer too badly in the chair of no return considering how things went before she made her appearance. Though yay for Kiran finally getting on board!

    How are you deciding on the 'family structure?' Did you roll out of habit or will Suresh and Lourdes eventually go and buy their own place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King of Sperm? LOL, and I just promised not to go there....
      But, yeah, Suresh is falling behind. He'll have to make up for it.
      It's true, he is determined to do anything he does well, just to prove he's the best. I may have wasted Kira's last trait slot giving him Handy, since Suresh has taken over the repairs and upgrading.

      After seeing how Chelsea handles pregnancy, I'm looking forward to seeing how she handles parenting. =P I may have to leave the chair of no return in the inventory, lol.

      I just decide the family structure based on whims. I wanted to keep Suresh around because he is Neat, and also because his character is great for laughs. I don't have plans to move him and Lourdes out, but it could happen at some point. I'll have to see how many kids there are. And if I want to keep my next heir in the house, I will need to clear some of the old gen out, so we'll see. But for now at least, Suresh stays.

      Delete
  5. Fairy burglar? Related to Tania perhaps? LMAO.
    Suresh, your highness, you are becoming distracted with your task of being Lord of all things. Although I am pleased to see your highness is the Lord of Fixing Stereos. I am glad you did not electrocute yourself, My Lord.
    LOL that had to be one of the happiest newborns I've ever seen. Maybe the newborn made Chelsea crave snow cones, and since she ate them all, the newborn said YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Tania is a better thief.
      So far Suresh has been lucky and not electrocuted himself. So far, lol.
      Maybe little Tamira came out totally buzzed on a sugar rush, that's why she's so excited, lol.

      Delete
  6. yowza! Preggers Chelsea!
    I loved the whole 'organic nitrates' thing. LOL! and the snow cones! she's preggers, she wants different stuff. You know, people say that pregnant women have cravings for a reason and things can be traced back to caveman nature stuff like when I wanted skittles I probably really needed fruit. What does snow cones represent?

    They named their cat Fred. I love it! I have a Fred and he's a bit of an ass, although he's a sim.

    and their was much rejoicing. ... I just about peed myself. I'm a HUGE MONDO-GIGANTIC Monty Python fan. (I was raised on it--explains a lot) Then the baby was all like 'yay!' aaahhh! /nerdgasm.

    Yeah, good thing they got married fast. shotgun wedding!

    Um... I don't think that's quite the blue fairy from Pinocchio. I guess that's because Kiran didn't have any little boy puppets around so he had to steal the toilet instead.
    My 'unbreakable toilets' break. >:|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I. Used. The. Wrong. There. Their. They're.
      /dies

      and THERE was much rejoicing.
      I did one of my own pet peeves. /sigh.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't resist the organic nitrates thing. Hmm, I don't know what the snowcones represent...

      Fred Philips is a townie cat, I'm not sure who he belongs to. But I love that there's a cat named Fred Philips in my town.

      I'm also a huge Monty Python fan and was raised on their show. It has permanently warped my sense of humor, lol.

      I got Kiran married off as soon as he rolled the wish. I was afraid he might not wish it until after the baby was born, Usually having a baby triggers a wish for marriage. But he got his in time to do it before the birth.

      Really, the unbreakable toilets break? Boo, EA. So far mine haven't.
      The fairy burglar made me laugh,

      That's one of my pet peeves too. And I unfortunately make that mistake too often, especially since I know better. I cringe whenever I do that and don't catch it before I post.

      Delete
  7. Fairy robber is in desperate need for an unbreakable toilet too! :P

    Tamira is already adorable, such a happy baby!

    I love that last pic of Kiran---he looks like all is well with his world, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he must be. The stuff the burglars choose to steal, sometimes, lol.

      I loved how excited and happy Tamira was there.

      Kiran is definitely enjoying his life, and the pool.

      Delete
  8. So many snow cones! Fred Philips. LOL. Glad Kiran is finally settling down. Poor Suresh...hope it never dawns on him that he's not REALLY the heir. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's a lot of ice and sugar.
      I was happy that Kiran finally settled down.
      LOL, I don't think Suresh will ever believe he's not the center of the universe.

      Delete
  9. They are so funny. Crazy simians. Kiran looks like a cat who ate the cream, floating in the pool. *L*

    ReplyDelete