Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chapter 12: We Have Falafel


As I mentioned in the last couple of chapters, we've been planning a trip to Egypt. Kiran has had a wish to visit Egypt locked in for some time, and Suresh has both a wish to travel and an opportunity to bring 3 common relics into work for a raise. Lourdes also has an opportunity to go to Egypt and disarm some traps for handiness skill, but unfortunately she came down with a cold last minute, and I didn't want to postpone this trip, so she stayed home.


"Back in Lucky Palms, I'm the reigning champion of the hot dog eating contests," Suresh proudly tells bookseller Dalida Barakat, "I am the King of Wieners. I can eat a whole platter of hot dogs in less than three minutes. Do you have hot dogs here?"

"We have falafel. And shawarma," Dalida tells him.

"Do you have falafel or shawarma eating contests?" Suresh asks, hoping to expand his reign over other food types, not satisfied with being just the Wiener King and the Lord of the Pies.

"No," Dalida says, "That kind of celebration of gross over consumption isn't part of our culture. But I can sell you recipe books if you want to try it at home."

Suresh does buy the recipes for falafel and shawarma to bring back to Lourdes, since she wants to learn all the recipes in the world. For himself, he buys The Price of Treasure, a mystery novel, and a book on photography.


Yes, they spent some 4 grand to visit Egypt, just so they could sit and read in the market. Suresh is almost done with his wish to read 30 books. The photography manual makes 29, and then the other book he bought finishes it off before the trip is over. Kiran doesn't have any book related wishes at the moment, but, being a bookworm, he'll pull out his tablet to read whenever he gets a chance.

I'm seriously considering banning the Bookworm trait for future heirs.


Of course, Kiran does do more than just read, since he is  newlywed and all. Chelsea decided to dress like Lara Croft for this trip.


Woohoo in the base camp tent.


Then playing catch in their pjs. They aren't doing anything they can't do at home.


Finally, an adventure call! MorcuCorp lost some documents in a tomb and they want Kiran to find them.

"I'm sorry, are you sure you have the right number? I'm just a tourist, and I've never heard of MorcuCorp..."

Shut up and take the job, Kiran. We need to make back the cost of this trip, at the least, so we can buy more toilets at home.


Getting the documents takes about two minutes, then Kiran goes off to deliver them to his contact.


Meanwhile, back at base camp, Suresh is inappropriately trying to amorously hug Chelsea.

"It's not right that Kiran produced a child before me. As heir, it is my duty to father the next generation, and I need a partner who has proven her fertility..."

"Get off me, you creep!"


Suresh wants to date Chelsea now. But, despite what he believes, he's not the heir, and he doesn't get everything he wishes for. So, he has to settle for issuing a trivia challenge.

Chelsea is creeped out by Suresh, but she accepts the challenge. Because there's literally nothing else to do in all of Al Simhara.


"A nice young man like you must be married?" Salah Kamel asks Kiran.

"I am, actually. Just married," Kiran tells her, "But I'm here to ask you guys what you think of MorcuCorp." Because that's the next part of the mission.

"Evil."

"Totally Evil."

"Eh, they're okay, I just wish they'd stop digging holes everywhere."


Next mission: obtain flame fruits from the Temple of the Burning Sands. This time Kiran brings Chelsea and Suresh along, because they want to go inside a pyramid. Kiran disarms the fire trap, while Chelsea explores the dive well. Suresh prefers not to risk his life, so he just supervises. And takes a few pictures now that he's got a few points of photography skill. He's hoping to get up to level 4 in photography before this trip is over, and documenting his brother's adventures is a good way to do that.


It's a good thing Chelsea chose proper adventuring attire; she's as protected and prepared as Lara Croft in her tank top and shorts. 

Lara Croft has an automatic rifle she can upgrade with a grenade thrower, you know.

Oooh, can I have one?

No.

How about that cool axe she uses for melee kills?

No.

Bow and arrow?

Well, I have a CC one, but it's just decorative. So, no.


Flame fruits acquired.


"Do you think you could help me push this hidden door open, bro?"

"I'm supervising."


Suresh gets caught in a fire trap. "I am Suresh the Magic Dragon! Flames can't hurt me! Uh, they can't right? Because this kind of burns..."

Just hurry up and dive into that well, Suresh.


Next mission: Infiltrate some guy's secret library. Chelsea distracts the homeowner while Kiran finds the secret stairs to the hidden library. Suresh is hanging out at the market, issuing trivia challenges to everyone he meets.


"Hey, baby, do you have a boyfriend?"

"I have a husband. He's sneaking into your secret library right now."


Chelsea follows Kiran down to the library. "Ooohhh."

It's not that exciting really. And it's not the room I thought it would be; I was expecting the underground bedroom deal, and I thought Kiran and Chelsea would be tempted to woohoo. But it's just a library, the secret bedroom is under a different house, for a different mission. Oh well.


After the stolen documents are delivered, Kiran's next mission is to find two pieces of mummitomium. There's one way up behind the pyramids, not far from this pretty little house by a private oasis.


This house lacks walls, so that bed is totally usable even if you don't own the property.

 (Note, you have to go into buy mode and move the bed so it's a full tile away from that one wall tile for both sides to be accessible.)


It's just as good as woohooing in some secret tomb bed.


Better than doing it in a tent, right?

Actually, anywhere is fine by me. Woohoo is woohoo.

Well said.


And, the rest of the trip is spent playing catch. Time's up before the second piece of mummitomium spawns.


Goodbye, Al Simhara.

____________________________

One of these missions paid 18k, so this trip definitely was worth it. I did get Kiran both the Prepared Traveller and Jet setter LTRs to reduce travel costs while increasing the time they could stay.
I didn't photograph and document everything, because a lot of it is really dull. Both Suresh and Chelsea got called for fed ex missions, delivering copper and what not for cash and visa points. So we made out petty well and can finally afford more expensive toilets and even a hot tub when we get home.
Plus they picked up various relics and jewels along the way.

Suresh finally finished two of his locked wishes, to read 30 books and have 18 friends. He also leveled up some photography skill. During the trip, he repeatedly rolled wishes to sing karaoke with everyone he met. There is no karaoke here, Suresh. And I wasn't in the mood to start editing Al Simhara.
Same for Kiran's wish to have drinks in two different bars.
Hilariously, Suresh did roll a wish to date Chelsea after his failed attempt to amorously hug her. Not the 'go on a date' wish, but the rarely seen (by me at least) wish to go steady with her.
In the pyramid, Chelsea rolled a wish to go 'cosmic bowling'. It was not the usual bowling wish, I looked it up and learned that aliens and witches can upgrade the standard bowling lanes to 'cosmic bowling'. I don't have either witches or aliens in Lucky Palms, so that's not happening any time soon. 
But, wow, that's was a lot of random, undoable wishes on this trip.

Fun fact: I learned that Suresh's favorite food is hot dogs. Yeah, I know, I could have seen that at any time since he was born, but I never did. Because it's not like I can direct them to cook most of the time, anyway, so it's not like it matters what their favorite foods are. But when he started talking about hot dogs to the bookseller, I did check.

20 comments:

  1. Suresh the Magic Dragon burns in a Tooomb! Dadgum it. At least the kids are home today so I can sing it out loud and they'll just think nothing at all is different about any other day with crazy mommy.

    Whoa with Suresh hitting on his brothers wife! I didn't see that one coming! Forget about Lourdes since she's not there, huh? However, considering all the locals who hit on her also maybe she just exudes "Hit on me! Please!"

    And yay for more toilets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you seem like a really fun mommy. =D

      I didn't expect Suresh to hit on Chelsea either. So I had to chalk it up to him wanting a woman known to be fertile to catch up to Kiran in the babymaking dept. Because you know it's not Suresh's fault he doesn't have a kid yet, it's totally Lourdes.
      I use a mod that makes asking about partners and signs a friendly instead of romantic interaction, so I get that from townies a lot more often.

      I couldn't arrord to furnish more than two of the bathrooms. =P
      So far it's okay, but I like having lots of toilets in my house.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun chapter! HAHAHA I can't believe Suresh tried to hit on his sister-in-law. What about his wife?

    That trip paid out well it looks like. I wish I could go to Egypt in real life and someone pay me that much :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen!
      I was glad I was there to catch Siesh hitting on Chelsea. I'm glad she turned him down, too. But yeah, I have no idea where that came from.

      The trip paid nicely! I wish money was as easy to get in RL as it is in Sims, too.

      Delete
  3. It was her Lara Croft outfit. I've dressed as Lara Croft before, and guys hit on me more than normal. LMAO Lord of Wieners. Does Suresh know that sounds weird? Oh, sorry your Highness, forgive me, I know I'm not supposed to correct you, you are perfect. *ducks away* That really was a productive trip, good for them and their many new toilets. LOL at the truck which appears to be stuck in the sand.

    LMAO the word verification had me typing 'tits.' ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, Lara Croft has that effect on men.
      Suresh has no idea what King of the Wieners sounds like.
      It was a productive trip. I've ben able to buy so much new stuff for them. Including toilets. =P

      That food truck was stuck there for days. I finally decided to take a pic of it.

      Delete
  4. Love the chapter! Long like the weiner king and the lord of the pies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!
      Wiener King is still making me laugh.

      Delete
  5. Are you sure you want to get them a hot tub?!
    I keep meaning to travel, I've been to each place once when I first got WA, but at the moment it's just an expensive SP. I got scared when GEN broke it, and haven't dared go abroad since. You have inspired me to give my sims a holiday :)

    Love how Suresh just wonders around autonomously bragging and... uh... let's not tell Lourdes about that moment with Chelsea.
    Don't think I've ever caught my own sims autonomously cheating!

    The main thing, were all the wishes involving Egypt fulfilled?
    (And those were some really random incompletable wishes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, the hot tub will be another woohoo magnet. But maybe they'll spend less time in each other's beds...yeah, right, lol.
      WA is still kind of broken, I recommend Nraas Traveler, it fixes a lot of the bugs.

      Yeah, Suresh hitting on Chelsea was so random. And then his wish to date her, lol.

      All the wishes for Egypt were fulfilled. Once they were there, they only rolled a few adventure/travel related wishes. Mostly they kept getting the incompletable wishes to have drinks and sing karaoke with everyone, lol.

      Delete
  6. hahaha as always Suresh is good for a few laughs. That's gross him trying to hit on his sister in law. so not only are you trying to cheat on your wife, you try to do it with your brother's wife. Bad bad boy!

    Glad they enjoyed the trip and they earned some money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, Suresh picked the worst target for his flirting there. He would have been better off trying one of the locals.

      They did make a bunch of money on this trip, that was very helpful.

      Delete
  7. Reading other comments after I comment, so sorry if I rehash.
    SO much to laugh at in this one, as usual. I've opened two tabs to make sure I don't forget them all.
    The bookworm trait. hehe, well, at least it's an easy one to satisfy.
    Lara Croft. *snickers*
    No! Kiran! MorcuCorp are the evil bad guys, remember? Don't you read ANY of your maker's stories? Bah. And you call yourself a bookworm!
    Ew, Suresh... you are NOT king of the 'hitting on my brother's wife' club.
    It only just now hit me how appropriate it was for Chelsea to dress as Lara Croft while at Al Simhara. *giggles*
    Suresh isn't immune to fire? His dad's a genie, right? Does that happen? I've not played enuf genies, obviously.
    That is actually my favorite Al Simhara house.
    'FedEx' missions LOL. O.o my spell check is okay with FedEx. cool.
    Thank you for explaining the cosmic bowling. Brooke wanted to do that, and that was the first time I saw it and I'm like WTH?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bookworm is mostly easy to satisfy, though when they get 'Read 50 books' when they've only got 30 read, it will sit and clog up the wish slot for a long time. At least quick books like recipes count, as do the new comic books. It's als great for getting them to learn skills they won't roll wishes to learn, because reading a skill book counts.
      It's the fact that when they are left autonomous, they always choose to read that's annoying me. I need more drama, lol.

      Given the role MorcuCorp and the Landgraabs play in my other stories, it's weird for me to treat it so lightly here. But for once I'm not dragging all that baggage into this little project.

      This is the first time I've played a genie (Suchandra's appearances in the other stories don't really count as playing a genie. It was more posing a genie for pics, lol) But what I've seen in his kids is some get Immune to Fire, and some get Pyromaniac. One of the younger sons got both. Suresh and Kiran both got Pyromaniac only, so they can set fires, but they aren't immune.

      WA is full of FedEx missions, and the most annoying kind, running across the desert to pick stuff up to deliver. I didn't make that one, it's a standard gamer term for that kind of quest. Because they are a staple of rpg games.

      Yeah, I had to google the cosmic bowling to find out what was up with that. Now I'm going to have to add a bowling legacy to the Brannon world so one of those witches can upgrade it to cosmic bowling, lol, just so I can see it in action.

      Delete
    2. I've played many many MMOs and somehow I missed the term FedEx quest/mission. I like it tho.

      More drama = more better lol

      Delete
  8. Weiner King and Lord of the Flies--er---I mean pies! And his magic dragon--lol, Suresh is so funny. =D

    Kiran and Chelsea are adorable together, I'm glad she rejected Suresh. That would have made for some awkward family moments!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh has many titles and honors, lol. And he has no idea how ridiculous they all are.

      I'm glad Chelsea rejected Suresh, too. Otherwise, yeah, awkward.

      Delete
  9. Suresh!? She's your sister-in-law, you nut! I can't believe he tried to put the moves on Chelsea. Way too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh is a little crazy, I think he just wanted to steal a scene, though. =P

      Delete
  10. Endless adventure .... This was very fun

    ReplyDelete