Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chapter 4: Take That, Clown-Sympathizer



 "How did you do?" Darleen asks. Suchandra had the night off, and took the opportunity to enter a guitar competition.

"First place," he answers with a sly smile, "The prize was $6000."

Suresh is thinking 'Are you guys ever going to let me out of this thing?' Good question.



Darleen is impressed with Suchandra's winnings. "Now we can finally expand the house before Suresh's birthday."


The couple go celebrate the usual way, with a little risky woohoo.



Kamala and Suchandra play several rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors,  each time throwing the the same thing.

"Scissors!" the cry in unison at he last throw.


Suchandra decides to change things up a bit. "Tiger!"


"There's no 'tiger' in Rock, Paper, Scissors, Dad." Suchandra wants to be best friends with his daughter, so he lays off he tiger bit and lets her win next time.


Darleen, pregnant for the third time, still wants another girl. So she took a trip to the grocery store to buy some watermelon. Done shopping, she stops to build a snowman on the sidewalk.

A group of Lucky Palms residents gather outside the shop, inappropriately dressed for the weather, staring at the sky.

"Cold," says the guy in shorts.

"What happened to the sun?" wonders the guy in the tank top.

Darren Dreamer at least put on a sweater.


"Stop stalking me Darren," Darleen groans, not looking up from her snowman.

"I'm not stalking you."

"You write me creepy love letters and call me every other day."

"I just want to be near you, to talk to you and let you know how much I care..."

"In other words, stalking."


"Darleen" Darren takes her hands to get her attention, "You belong to me, not that outdoors loving musician you married."


"Darren, I'm married. You're married. Isn't time you moved on?"


"But, Darleen, baby, we're canon! We should be married and have a son named Dirk. Then you die in a fire and I get a hopeless crush on Cassandra Goth while I struggle to pay the bills, trying to make a living as artist."

"ooooh-kayyy," Darleen backs away slowly.


Kamala is excited about the new baby.


Despite the watermelon, Darleen and Suchandra have another son, Kiran. There's always next time, Darleen.


For awhile there, Darleen had forgotten about her megaphone.


Suchandra is not thrilled that she's rediscovered it. "What time is it?"

"4am! Wakey wakey, it's daybreaky!"

"I just went to bed at 2..." Suchandra complains. Yeah, it's going to be one of those days.


It's Suresh's birthday, and Suchandra wants to throw a party.


Magically clean!


With his prize money, Suchandra was able to make some major addition to the house. Both the kitchen and living got expansions, and there's  new bedroom for Suresh and Kiran (when Kiran ages up), plus a new room off the kitchen currently being used for Suchadra's exercise equipment. There isn't enough money to add a laundry set in there yet, but that's the next big thing.


The first guests to arrive are Suchandra's boss, Yolanda, and her son Carlos. Suchandra isn't sure who the father is, as Yolanda has dated a lot of guys in Lucky Palms. His old friend Oscar Velsquez-Arellano shows up with a crasher.


Surprisingly, the slow dance doesn't cause jealousy spazzes or feelings of betrayal. Just as well, since it seems to have taken over as the default dance.


The grandparents still haven't arrived, but Suresh wants cake now.





Omar shows up just in time for cake. Wearing medieval chain mail...Sorry, but that CC is for another story, I'm going to have to confiscate it.


There ya go, appropriate old man wear.


"Hey, can I get a makeover, too?" asks the weird bald kid.


Sure, why not? *poof* Now you're normal. 


"My turn!" 

Sorry, Mariana, I'm done CASing for now. You get to keep your cat sweater and shorts combo.


While the guests get makeovers, or not, Suresh grows up into a little neat freak, and immediately starts tidying up.

"I'm going to be the favorite!"

Maybe. There's still more kids to go. But, neatness counts in your favor.


"You know, it's not a party until we sneak off and have a little woohoo," Darleen suggests.


It's a tradition.


Oscar and wife Vivian (the parents of formerly weird bald kid) also decide to take a turn on Suchandra and Darleen's bed. Because it's also not a party until your bed is defiled by your guests.


The Matlapins hang around forever and are the last guests to leave.


Kamala and Suresh play a little tag in the yard before nightfall.


Besides being neat, Suresh is a bookworm, and even though he's just aged up and not even gone to school yet, he already wants to start working on his writing skills.

"So, if I had a computer, I could write at home instead of having to go to the library..."


Happy Birthday, have a laptop.

"I told you I was the favorite. All Kamala got for her birthday was the blocks table."

That laptop is for the whole house, Suresh.


We haven't forgotten about you, Kiran. Well, actually, we kind of have. But here's your father coming to feed you.


Suresh is totally excited about his first day of school. "There will be all kinds of new books to read!"

"School blows, Suresh," Kamala tells him, "You're trapped inside all day."


Yesterday's goopy carbonara has gone off. You should have had the leftover burnt grilled cheese like your sister.


For once, Darleen is not pregnant and, besides still wanting another daughter, has no immediate desire for another baby. Instead, her dropping status as a rebel has spurred her to want to organize a rowdy protest against clowns.


Darleen in militantly anti-clown.


"Take that, clown-sympathizer!"


Fights are breaking out all over this protest. The kissing booth employees are utterly confused.


All the fighting and yelling exhaust Darleen, and she bails on her own protest to go home and pass out in bed. Later, she gets a call telling her her protest was a phenomenal success.


Everything is back to normal in the park by the time the kids get out of school, and they want to visit the festival.


Suresh and Kamala both find fancy festival eggs to display at home.


Before going home, Suresh wants to pick a flower. And discovers he has allergies.


"I told you, school blows," Kamala complains.

"Yeah," Suresh has to agree now that he's had a taste of homework.


Kiran ages up.


Darleen handled most of the training for the first two kids, but this time, it's Suchandra who wants to teach Kiran to walk. 


Darleen has been on maternity leave since forever. She hasn't got any real desire to go back to work, or to pick up her guitar again, but she is getting back into her art more and more. Suchandra already wants another baby, but Darleen still hasn't gotten that familiar urge for another pregnancy.
Of course, her urges for risky woohoo continue unabated, so she might end up pregnant again, anyway.


Craving hotdogs, Darleen?

22 comments:

  1. Fun and the boys are adorable. Neat and a handiness kid, that house might just survive after all.

    Kinda gross the extra action their bed gets. First her parents, then the neighbors. Time for new sheets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to give Suresh Neat, so between him and his sister, things might get fixed and cleaned more often. Other than that, I am trying to go with random traits, for fun.

      I know, it's disgusting, all this hopping into their bed!

      Delete
  2. Forget changing the sheets. Burn them, and put a lock on the door! Ew.
    LOVED the CASing thing. LOL! I do that too, get sick of going in and out of CAS/stylist and decide that everyone else will just have to be ugly for now.

    I'm betting they'll have another kid pretty soon. Hopefully a girl, and then hopefully when they turn full adult their libido will calm a bit.
    Haha, love how Darren knew about his past life. I always killed Darren and moved Dirk into the Pleasant household. And then (whichever twin it was) would get pregnant and *then* Mary-Sue and Daniel would split up, pretending it was because of all the babies, which was really cruel of them. My Cassandra Goth always ended up as a spinster, but she had a fling with Don Lothario(who didn't?) and so had to take care of the baby in the mansion on her own.
    Anyway....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I thought about you when I was writing the CASing part for some reason.

      They probably will have another baby soon. Darleen wants 5 for her LTW, after that, I might have to get them chastity belts.
      Darren really does call Darleen every day, and she gets letters from him. So I imagine him as a creepy stalker, And then when he tried to flirt with her outside the grocery story, I just went with the story of what her life would be if it played out like Sims 2. Because that would really make her into him, lol.

      My Cassandra had Lothario's out of wedlock baby too. She was engaged to him and thought being pregnant would hurry along the wedding. But then she catches him with Nina Caliente and breaks it off. Her son is named Byron, and he turns out just like his father, a Lothario. He ends up getting Nina pregnant right after he starts college (and sleeps with every girl from the neighborhood who starts college the whole time he's there. After he breaks their hearts, one of his frat brothers swoops in and marries her. So every guy n town's wife was defloweered by Byron Goth, lol.
      So, Nina has a son with Byron, named Darius, and he turns out like his grandmother, Cassandra. Nina still sleeps with Don sometimes too. So poor Darius grows up with a mother who sleeps with both his father and grandfather...

      Delete
    2. Uh.. That's so random! Um, thank you?
      I thought of you while I was bringing Geoff back to life, but that's different ;)

      LOL! Do they make chastity belts? Or will you just turn off/down risky woohoo?

      Haha, it's weird how everyone played with TS2 families, I've not played with any premades in TS3, but I keep meaning to play the Goths.
      Poor Darius, that really is awful and confusing! :|

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I don't know why, but I just thought, 'Gem will think this is funny." And I was right. eh?
      I'm still happy Geoff is back, even if he is the King of Shadows. =D

      I don't know of anySim chastity belts. I'd probably just turn down risky, or I could turn off allowing more than 8 Sims. That way, they couldn't have more than 6. Until the oldest grew up and moved out...hmmm.

      I haven't p;ayed much with premades in TS3. In TS2, it was really didgy to delete Sims, even though they had a delete button, doing it could cause major hood corruption. In TS3, you can just annhiliate them all, but in TS2, unless you started in an empty hood, you had to deal with the premades. As it was, I got tired of Lothario really quickly and stopped playing him. So he stayed young while Cassaandra a Nna got old. At one point, I saw Don eyeing his adult great-grandgaughter on a community lot, because by that point the Sims stop recognizing relatives.

      Delete
  3. *snort. 'Happy Birthday, have a laptop.' And just how long was Suresh in that high chair before being rescued? I'm really wondering on that one since my sims never get a kid out unless I make them. Never. It's like the high chair renders them invisible to my sims. "Hey, what's that blank spot over there? What's that smell and why do I hear crying? Anyone seen little Hubert lately? Oh, screw it. Let's go build a snowman!"

    And OMG all the guests coming to use that one bed! Build an igloo and maybe the sheets will stay cleaner longer. ;) lol. Might even get a baby born with Loves the Cold. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember how long Suresh was trapped in the chair of no return, but you are right, the parents rarely pull the kid out on their own. The rules for baby and toddler care let you tend to their needs when it gets to where they have a negative moodlet,and you can also fulfil the parent's wishes to interact with the toddler, like snuggle, so as soon as one of those conditions are met,you can direct the parent to take the toddler out of the high chair for that.

      I've thought about putting the bed inventory during parties so no one can woohoo. But then they'd just woohoo in the shower and probably break it...

      Delete
  4. LOL!! :D Great chapter, loved it!

    I love that pic of Suchandra when he magically cleaned. He looks quite pleased with himself, lol

    The kids are all adorable. In a few pics, it almost looks like they have purple/blue flecks in their eyes.(Like that pic of Suchandra holding an just aged toddler Kiran) Such pretty eyes!!

    I loved the CASing part, that was too funny. And protesting about clowns is always fun!

    You just need to get them a photobooth. Sims will ignore the bed in favor of the photobooth, which does not break, and they tear the pics up themselves afterwards, lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nirar!
      I love the look genie's get when they use their magic. Thy really are pleased with themselves.

      I use a default replacement for eyes, Multifoiled by aikea guinea,and they do have flecks of purple and blue si it makes all eye colors appear to have more than just the base color. For paly gray eyes like Suchandra's, it look amazing, because you do get these awesome flecks of color. But it is impossible to have a truly pure gray eye color.

      I had to protest about clowns, because of Iola, lol.

      Hmmm, photobooth...that's kind of pricey right now, but, good idea!

      Delete
  5. Crazy that the guests woohooed in their bed after they were finished with it. All of his kids are looking lovely and neat kids can be quite helpful around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woohoo at parties is kind of crazy. I'm looking forward to when they can finally afford a hot tub, that will be woohoo central, lol.
      I really wanted to stick with random traits, but the mess is just getting to me, so I had to give Neat to one of them.

      Delete
  6. How did I miss this on Thursday? Oh well, got it now.

    And I need tissues again, I've laughed so hard while reading this. Every pic has a taste of humor. I especially loved making over the bald kid. Oh no, wait, no, definitely the granpa in the medieval armor takes the cake. mmmmm.... cake...... :)

    Crazy risky woohooers. Don't they know how to keep it in their pants?

    'I'm going to be the favorite!' LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mypal! I love having a more comedic blog among my more drama filled stories. MorcuCorp is not coming near this challenge, lol.
      I should really pull my medieval CC out when I know I'm playing a game that doesn't use, because I have too many Sims aging up into medieval wear. Most annoying is that some of the gowns are categorized for every category, so I have women swimming and showering in medieval wear, lol.
      Suresh is busting his little butt trying to be the favorite, and I do love the way he goes around cleaning things. But I'm a long way from picking an heir just yet.

      Delete
  7. The family is really cute! =D

    I like how you as the narrator/player get a voice in the story. ^.^

    I'm curious, did any of the kids inherit genie powers? CAS was always weird on me, turning all genies blue. I wondered if genie kids would automatically turn blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. I love the more informal tone of this blog.
      None of the kids you've seen up to this point have genie powers. I don't think it's a huge spoiler to say Darleen gets pregnant again, soon, lol. (Actually, I think she was pregnant and not showing yet in the last pic). That kid is a genie.
      They all got immune to fire or pyromaniac, though. Which is cool if all kids from genie's get that.
      CAS does like to turn genies blue, but the one genie kid here has non-blue skin. I think Suchandra's color, but it's still in larval stage and I'm not sure. (I'm not spoiling gender, at least, =P )

      Delete
  8. I love this wishacy. It reminds me of old school TS2 legacies which were much less about story...and much more about random Sim commentary. This is great for a quick read... Especially when some of the RL stories can be such downers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm doing this to get respite from my own downer stories, lol. Though, I do have light moments in my other stories too. But this all unplanned and unscripted, and as you said, more a commentary on the game as played. I haven't even placed the pose player thing in this town.

      Delete
  9. I would protest clowns too. They freak me out. There's just something creepy about a person with a big red nose and giant shoes. LOL. The only clown I like is Ronald McDonald. I always change townies in CAS, they always look so gross and stupid. I did like the old man's chainmail though, LOL. I was reading some of the above comments, and I had 2 genie Sim kids in one of my game saves, and neither of them were blue, they got the parents skin color, just like human Sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dated a clown one summer when I worked in an amusement park. =P Obviously, though, he wasn't in costume when he wasn't working.
      But even so, they kind of freak me out too, and I've never gotten the humor.
      I change townies a lot, too, but I also get bored pausing to open CAS and then waitng for all my clothes to load and picking new outfits. So sometimes I just shrug off the ugly, lol.
      Yeah, my genie kids have normal skin color. But I've had issues with Sims that I've turned into genies turning blue. And I know one person who was playing a genie she'd made as non-blue who turned blue when she went to Shang Simla. There's definitely something in the game that wants genies to be blue.

      Delete
  10. Speeding along... will Suchandra not age and Darleen pass him up and leave him alone? Maybe that's why she wants to many children, to surround him when she's gone. ;) ... The bit with Darren Dreamer was a riot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genies do age eventually, but Suchandra will outlive Darleen. She'l be an elder by the time he reaches the Adult stage.
      I had fun with the Darren Dreamer canon...I wonder if anyone tries to really re-create the Sims 2 scenario and kills poor Darleen off in a fire?

      Delete