Friday, June 14, 2013

Chapter 21: Wishes to Buy Tofu




Having been displaced as heir by her sister Sitara, Tamira wastes no time grabbing her boyfriend and her share of the family's funds, and buying herself a new house across town.

Like her grandmother Darleen, Tamira means it when she says she's going to take a cab.


Tamira, Jamie and Magic arrive safely in their new home.


Kesari wishes to learn to drive. Even though there are two cars available, parked on the home lot. Kesari get on a bike, learning to drive from her mother, who stands on the corner the entire time.


Sitara invites Timothy over to get a date in before his shift that evening at the theater.


Okay.


Mmm, no, not quite...


Do you guys need a guide?


There you go! I knew you could do it.


Of course, they go straight for the parents' bed.

Sharks sail like big masts.
The lad endures like a rough girl.
Rise quietly like a stormy wind.





Then it's out to the hallway for some sweet talk.


And then into Sitara's newly redecorated bedroom for round two.


In the moonless darkness of Winter the leaves sleep,  
In the dying of harmony young lovers escape, 

"Uh, Sitara, my shift starts in an hour."

Beside the river of longing the waves rejoice,  
In the dream of evening the waves whisper,  

"Okay, but, I kind of have to go now..."




"Oh, hey Alisha," Chelsea takes a call from Jamie's mother just as Kiran comes around looking for some loving. "Yeah, my husband still totally hates you. No, I'm not doing anything, I can chat."

Somehow I don't think this call will add any points to Alisha and Kiran's relationship.

In the background, Kesari is on the phone talking about shoes. With both Social Butterfly and Charismatic for trait, Kesari needs to be constantly socializing and making new friends.


Eventually, Chelsea gets off the phone and Kiran drags her up to Sitara's bed. 

They are followed by Kesari, who desperately needs to boast about her gamer skillz to someone.


"What is it, Kesari?"

"Um, I forgot. It dropped out of queue. Sorry."


Next morning, a Sunday, Kiran wakes with a midlife crisis wish to grow facial hair. Easy peasy.

Then he wishes to buy tofu. Buy tofu? Really? I didn't think it was possible to wish for that. 



As part of her room redecoration, Sitara got her own desk where she could work on her poetry in private.

Inside the meaning of ourselves the leaves vanish,  

Okay, I'm just going to leave you to it, then, and see what your parents are up to. Probably woohoo...



Yep. 

"Hey, what's that red light on the shower head? Should we check that out first?"

"Woohoo nao, Kiran!"


Kiran does as he's told, and falls victim to someone's prank. The sudden yellowing of her husband's hair doesn't quench Chelsea's ardor, she just jumps right in there for her woohoo.


Tamira got another wish to go on a date with Timothy, and he has Sunday off, so she meets him at the bowling alley.

Despite his flirtation with another girl in high school, he's apparently earned an eternally faithful rep now.

Instead of bowling, they woohoo in the photobooth.


When the dance club opens at 7pm, Tim and Sitara take their date there. On arrival, we get notified that this is the hot place to be tonight. Well, obviously! This placed is packed!


All the action, such as it is, is in the lounge on the first floor. I'm seriously considering a redesign for this club, since no one uses the dance floor upstairs.


They order onion rings and sit at different tables to eat them.

"Does Lucky Palms have dragons?" Tim wonders, "I heard that we banished unicorns. But not dragons, right? We could could totally buy a dragon egg and hatch one, couldn't we?"

"My father is leader of the free world. We can do whatever we want."


"My boyfriend has a hot body," Sitara announces to anyone who's listening.

Tim hears that.


And decides to use it., taking Sitara over to the photobooth for some woohoo. Luckily there's two, because the one on the right is currently in use.


Sorry, Andrae, you don't really get a trophy for public woohoo with your pregnant wife.

"Ooh, these pictures came out great, honey! We should hang them up at home!"


After photobooth woohoo, Sitara and Tim head back home, where she immediately suggests more woohoo.




Sitara is beat after all the dancing and woohoo. But Tim stays up to play guitar.


He's keeps this up until 2am or so.


Then he goes to the bathroom and then plays more guitar out on the balcony. At round 4ish, Chelsea wakes up and goes out to watch.

At some point during the day, Chelsea was pranked and her clothes stolen while skinny dipping, and she's been going around in a towel ever since.


Around 4:30, Tim finally goes to sleep. Typical musician.

Over the course of the evening, we got a pop up about a kitten his mother, Cricket Tanner, adopted. Tim gets psychic knowledge of the new cat in his dreams. Yes, Tim lives with his mother. And yes, if he ever moves in here, we're stealing the kitten.

We were also informed via pop up that Tamira and Jamie got married.


"Bed. Occupied. Cannot. Woohoo."

Yo, Kiran! You Have Your Own Bed! And, if you're trying to woohoo, where's Chelsea?


Ah, Chelsea got waylaid by Kesari and her incessant need to be socializing constantly. Poor Kiran ends up going to work without getting any.


So, after everyone is at school or work, Chelsea decides to take a case, since there's not much else to be doing.

The case she gets is from Darrell Gagnon, who believes there was some fraud in the last election, and wants Chelsea to investigate. That would be the election that Kiran won right? So, yeah, Chelsea, go ahead and find proof your husband fixed his own election. Great idea!

Oh, do I need to point out that Chelsea is wearing a towel?


So, Chelsea goes around town asking everyone their opinions on the last election. Apparently, everyone voted for Darrell and can't figure out why he didn't win.

This here is Don King, who, if not for a game crash, would most likely be Sitara's boyfriend since prom hooked them up. He could use a fashion makeover, but he's cute. Cute, but Insane. Insane enough to not bat an eye while responding to questioning from a woman wearing a towel.


Chelsea does her due diligence and finds enough evidence of fraud to report back to Darrell, who vows to expose Kiran's corruption to the papers.

Of course, nothing will come of this, as it is Suresh who bought this election for his brother. Lucky Palms' only news outlet for both print and TV is housed in Suresh's corporate headquarters, and is not so secretly in his pocket, just like its politicians. Good luck exposing any corruption that touches Suresh the Magic Dragon, Master of All He Surveys.

_____________________________

So, as I mentioned last chapter, I decided move Tamira and Jamie out to Dragon Valley to start their own wishacy, while making Sitara heir of this one.
I have moved copies of Tamira and Jamie (and Magic, the cat) to DV, and I've set up their blog, Meanwhile, In An Alternate Dimension
Right at this moment, there's nothing there. I'm still getting pics for the first chapter, which I hope to have up this weekend. 
In this dimension, Tamira and Jamie just live a few blocks away. So, when this story mentions Tamira and Jamie (presumably we'll see them at parties or around town, as well), it will be this universe's version of them, not the DVversion.

18 comments:

  1. Wish my sims would *take* cabs. Looks so funny.
    ...Is that a sat-nav in the cab?! Never noticed that before!!

    Are driving lessons broken now?! WTH? So Kesari learned to ride a bike, not drive a car?

    Sitara and Tim.... I died. Nearly choked on some chocolate.
    That shark poem was so... Innuendo-ey. Especially right after woohoo. I died again.

    And: "What is it, Kesari?"
    "Um, I forgot. It dropped out of queue. Sorry." - LOL!

    Sitara has quite an appetite!
    And why didn't Chelsea change? Did she not shower?!

    Love how Suresh is protecting his brother. Tell him he's the heir in spirit :)

    (Following other blog :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only happened to me twic, both times in this save. Weird. LOL, I didn't notice the sat-nav until you pointed it out. Or maybe it's the fare meter?

      I don't know what was up with the driving lessons. Chelsea is Ec Friendly and has the bike as her preferred vehicle, but she's given normal car driving lessons before. The bike is new, it's a store one that went on sale so I picked it up. Maybe it's broken somehow.

      Sitara and Tim cracked me up, too. And the poem generator was in form with that shark poem.

      LOL, Kesari stood there for ages while her parents were woohooing, waiting o boast about her gamer skillz. As soon as they were done, it dropped out of queue.

      My Sims are all insatiable in their lusts.
      I don' think Chelsea did shower that day., If they don't do it autonomously, you have to wait until you get the 'grungy' moodlet to make them do it. I probably could have used MC to change her, but what's the fun in that?

      I wish there were more Mas Effect fans here, so I could make a Aria/Omega joke abour Suresh. Well, I'll do it anyway. There's just one law in Lucky Palms; Don't. F*ck. With. Suresh.

      Thanks for following MAD (the other blog. I had to give it a cute Acronym, lol)

      Delete
    2. Ah, maybe it is a payment metre.

      What's the acronym for this? ;)

      Delete
    3. I just call this one Lotus. ITSOTL would be a sucky acronym.

      Delete
  2. Haha! There's magic in Tamira and Jamie's house.

    Wow. I did Not know you could learn to drive while riding a bike! That's... awesome? Did she actually get her license like that?

    Yeah, I've never had a club with more than one floor with townie sims above ground level. They always seem to get in the door then lose the willpower to take a step further. At least your townies aren't blocking the doors, so that's a plus!

    And right about now is where I tell you I'm so glad Shirtless-Guitar playing Timothy is going to be sticking around. Well, at least in boyfriend form. Here's hoping Sitara gets a wish that permanently places him in the house soon! Maybe she'll get a successful Risky and then roll the 'get married' wish.

    I can't stand the social butterfly trait for that reason. Those are the neediest sims ever. Really. They kind of seem to run neck and neck with larva.

    Chelsea running around in a towel is wonderful! And love that Suresh the Magic Corporate Brother will take Darrel Gagnon's complaints and make sure something is done about them. *snort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jamie and Tamira get to keep Magic, since he was Jamie';sto begin with. He's also in the DV story.

      She did actually get her driver's license on the bike. It was a really weird glitch, but it worked, even though it was totally ridiculous.

      I guess I should be glad the townies make it inside the club. But I love my dance floor up there with the bubbles. So I guess I'll rearrange things so the important stuffis on the first floor.I'll put the restrooms and photobooths upstairs. And watch them make beelines for the public woohoo in the photobooths. :rolleyes

      Getting pregnant usually inspires a marriage wish, so I'm pretty hopeful about getting Tim in the family eventually. But in the meantime he can wander around playing guitar i his underwear as a guest.

      Kesri's social butterfly is driving me crazy. Shadow has that trait, but maybe because he's not in a wishacy and spends more time doing what I tell him to do, he';s not as needy. He does get the negative moodlet if he hasn't socialized in the last few hours, but his positive moodlets for other things make that irrelevant.

      I loved Chelsea's towel adventures. And the whole snooping around for election fraud right after Kiran's big election. Of course Suresh was involved! He owns Lucky Palms, lol.

      Delete
  3. ^^ neck n neck with larva. Lmao!

    My favorite part was Chelsea in a towel. Good ol' Suresh saving the family name by throwing his power around.

    Love the alternate dimension thing. That's how I think of the different hoods sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea's towel adventures were funny. =D

      The other story is especially and alternate dimension because Tamira and Jamie exist in both of them.

      Delete
  4. LOL I laughed so hard seeing them stuck inside each other. ***do you need a guide*** too funny.

    Well with all the woo-hoo that is going on hopefully Sitara will roll a want to marry the man soon. Maybe if she ends up knocked up, that will kick in the want.

    Congrats on Timara and Jamie's wedding. I'm glad SP married them instead of breaking them up.

    Chelsea in the towel that is funny. And I've never had a sim learn to drive using the bike. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sitara and Tim's clipping dance was funny to watch. You'd think they'd never kissed before.

      Sitara does go for the risky woohoo often enough, sooner or later she's bound to get knocked up. And hopefully that will make her want to marry, if he doesn't roll it on her own.

      I'm happy SP married Tamira and Jamie, too. It will be fun to see their kids in this town compared to any they have in the other town.

      The bike thing was really bizarre. I've never seen anything lik that. And she got her license from it, lol.

      Delete
  5. What is up with doing it in the parents bed!?Well your sims are now woohooing every where else now too, in showers and photobooths so that is better than their parents bed! Chelsea running around wearing a towel and solving crimes....heh...

    As for the bike, on my game my teen learned to drive just by getting in the care. Didn't even make it to the next house before the game told me she learned to drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sims woohoo anywhere and everywhere. =P

      Chelsea the towel wearing PI was pretty hilarious.

      I once had that happen in my Brannon legacy, oone of my teens learned to drive (in a car) before he got down the street, I thought it might have been because both the kid & the grandparent giving the lessons had the Genius trait, but it could just be a glitch. Most of my driving lessons go as normal, though.

      Delete
  6. Well I suppose it's nice that Suresh is the lord of everything because he can keep such nonsense like talk about fraud to a nonexistent whisper. LOL the first pic of Sitara stuck in Tim... are you humping his leg? Hahaha. *dies from the close up of Tim* *dies again from Tim in his underwear* Man, Tim is making this hard to read. But oh so pleasant. Yes, oh so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh rules Lucky Pakms with an iron fist, lol.

      Tim is a lot of fun to have around. I hope Sitara eventually wishes to marry him.

      Delete
  7. Suresh, Lord of Lucky Palms, it's a good thing Kiran has his brother on his side, lol Between the Leader of the Free World and Lord of Lucky Palms, they could rule the empire as...oops sorry, wrong story! :P

    Kiran looks pretty cute with his new facial hair, he even makes yellow hair look good---or maybe I was just distracted by the behind shot? lol

    Tim fits right in with the family---playing guitar in his underwear! I loved Chelsea running around in a towel too, that was funny!

    I really wish I could have got my license by riding my bike, that would have made things a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea running around in the towel was awesome.
      I like Kirn's facial hair, too. It suits him.

      Delete
  8. haha Tim hears that... perfect shot :)
    very fun, as always.... now I get to go to an alt universe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zhip. Yes, I did end up spinningTamira and Jamie off into their own wishacy. I love DRagon Valley and all its weirdness. =D

      Delete