Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chapter 16: Pools Don't Work That Way




After watching his wife attempt to get it on with his brother, Suresh decides it's time to move his family to their own place. As CEO of a mega corporation, he should really have his own place anyway. Suresh is a king after all. Behold, his castle: 4 bedrooms +  nursery, with a home office for himself and a large playroom/study for the kids. And of course a pool and hot tub. 


Lourdes is pleased. She and Suresh had been saving their happiness points to buy some Inheritnce rewards to afford all this.



Kiran hosts his first campaign fundraiser at the Fairway Country Club. Everyone dances for hours. Kiran's campaign war chest gets filled. On to the Mayoral election!


Lucky Palms doesn't get snow in winter (except for the freak season in gen 1, before I installed the Tempest mod), but the winter festival still has snow related activities. Tamira went out to try some snowboarding. Dressed as an astronaut, because it's cooler that way.


Tamira discovered her life's calling while on a school assignment to catch a variety of insects for a science project, to be a Zoologist. No small animal is safe now, Tamira is on the hunt. Here's her first non-insect catch, a shrew. It escapes from her pocket later.


The girls swarm their father, both clamoring for him to play catch with them.

"One at a time! Catch is a two Sim interaction only."


Water. So pretty. So tempting.


The two conflicting 'play catch' actions drop out of queue as Kiran displays a heartwarming moment of true quality parenting, saving Kairavi from certain death.

"Don't be silly. You know she can't fall in. Pools don't work that way."



I forgot Chelsea had this sketchbook in her inventory until she decided to bust it out and ask Kiran to pose for her.

"Now that you're mayor, you need a portrait to hang in City Hall," Chelsea says.


"Um, that's great, Chel. I love how you gave me a beard and glasses. But I think City Hall would want something more accurate. So people aren't confused about who is actually mayor..."


That night, Tamira ages up without a party. Which is kind of sad since she's a party animal. Her traits so far are Virtuoso, Family Oriented, Party Animal and she picked up Childish with this birthday.

"I want to skinny dip with Ethan Tanner."

Ew. No. He's almost an elder. Wish for something else, I'm not doing that.

"Can I sign up for an after school class? And learn Guitar?"

Done. Music Club for you.


Right after dinner, Chelsea pops into maternity wear. She wants a boy, but that wish doesn't get locked in. Kiran wishes for another girl, and it does get locked it. I'm not influencing gender either way.


Finally, Kiran's Handy trait decides to kick in. He rolls a wish to learn the handiness skill, and when he gets that point he wants to upgrade something, followed by a wish to upgrade 5 somethings. Self-cleaning toilets, woo!


Family Oriented Tamira loves playing with the toddler.

Put her down so she can age up.

"But she's so cute, I just want to tickle her!"


Kairavi becomes a child. Her favorite color is Lime Green. She's a Heavy Sleeper, Computer Whiz and gets Clumsy for her childhood trait.

You'll have to do better than that if you want to be heir.


Sitara ages up, too. Wow. Her traits are Night Owl, Perfectionist, Lucky and Genius. She decided when she was a child that she wanted to a Star News Reporter, after writing a couple of books. Since then, she hasn't shown any interest in writing, so I worry about her commitment to LTW.

"I don't care about writing. I want to be on TV!"

Okay, but the Journalism career requires writing skills.

"Whatever."


By the fourth pregnancy, I can't be bothered with pics of the bump, or the labor panic. The first pic of new baby Kesari is taken the morning after she's born. Another girl for Kiran. I don't remember her traits right now. I think she got Perfectionist. 


Tamira catches a garter snake she names Murphy. She buy a terrarium to keep him in, but she sticks him in her pocket when she goes to school that morning and he escapes.

"You do realize I did that on purpose, right? The teacher panicked when she saw a snake slithering around the classroom, and we got out of class that day."

Clever.

"I'd be an awesome heir."

I've kind of written you off, because you're the oldest. But you have enough personality to still be in the running. Also, I haven't had a house full of snakes and lizards since Pets came out.


Chelsea: You, um, have an assignment for me? *giggle*

Shawn: Yes, Ethan Tanner has been going around spreading rumors that my mother is a crazy llama head. I want you to--

Chelsea: *giggle*

Shawn: Are you listening to me?

Chelsea:*snicker* The ribbons in your hair are pretty. *giggle*

Shawn: Thank you! They keep the hair out of my eyes. Now, I need you to convince 3 Sims that my mother isn't a crazy llama had.

Chelsea: I'll get right on that.


Percy Vogt, whoever he is, catches my attention while Chelsea is off on her mission to convince 3 Sims that Shawn's mother isn't nuts. It's pretty easy, no one actually thought she was nuts. But, they all have doubts about Shawn himself. I mean, look at his hair!


Chelsea runs into Shawn again later while snooping for clues in other case.

"On closer inspection, I've discovered that Shawn is wearing swimming trunks as pants."


You're supposed to be looking for clues about a stolen car...?

"I know. But right now I'm more interested in finding the source of Shawn's crazy."


Kiran wanted to throw Kesari a birthday party. Mostly just the usual suspects are invited, but at his teen daughters' requests, some teen boys are invited too.

Tamira wanted to learn Jamie Lancaster's sign. They are compatible! And he jumps right in with the compliments and flirting. Prom date acquired!


Instant makeover (and some minor facial surgery) for the prom date and potential boyfriend of the firstborn.

Monica shows up for the party right then. "You're blocking my way!" Monica uses her laser vision to burn a hole through Jamie's skull.




I almost forgot, I'd already sent Kiran to the cake with Kesari. Looks like everything is going all right in here. Kairavi looks a little singed, but the birthday is happening.


Back outside, I see Jamie has wasted no time getting this romance started. He's Inappropriate, so he jumped ahead to the serious kiss, bypassing that whole shy first kiss deal, and immediately upgrading himself to Romantic Interest. Right after the kiss, he takes off. No matter, we'll see you at the prom. Well, we'll see pop ups about you, anyway.


Inside, everyone is having cake. Chelsea rolled a wish to potty train Kesari, so she's off doing that.

Yes, once again I failed to get an age up picture of the birthday girl. She is cute, I assure you. I have nothing to hide. Nothing!


Wow, my grandfather is a rockstar!


There was some other boy here that Sitara wanted to learn signs with, but he wasn't very compatible. So now she's talking to Jordan Hudson.


And then playing video games with Jordan Hudson.

I've looked around, Sitara, he may be the cutest boy in your generation.

"I'm not ready to pick a boyfriend yet."

If you go to the prom single, you might not get a choice.

"I'll take my chances."


Alvaro announces he has to leave and then spins into thug wear. 

Weren't you in the medical career when you married Kamala?

"Kamala likes bad boys."

Okay, Have a good time with your thuggery.

There was a surprising lack of woohoo at this party. I guess they all saw what happens to Sims who get it on other Sims' beds at the Vorhees house, mandatory MC pollination. Only Alvaro and Kamala went at it, and Kamala is already pregnant.


Suresh has decided that this chapter has featured an insufficient amount of Suresh, so he remedies the situation by inserting himself between Sitara and her maybe potential boyfriend. That's okay, this party has run late and the guests are starting to drop. Time for everyone to go home.

I promise I'll get a picture of Kesari for the next chapter.

20 comments:

  1. OMG you have a full house. Suresh needed his own place but glad he popped in for the party.

    All the kids are so pretty, it's gonna be hard to chose an heir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was time for Suresh to move. But he will be invited to all the family parties. The extended family is so large, it's hard to squeeze non-family guests.
      I'm really going to have a hard time picking an heir. I'm thinking I might do a vote. But maybe not, lol. I've never done heir votes in my legacies.

      Delete
  2. Love that Lourdes is pleased, but sporting a broken heart thought bubble. Kiran is not your husband Lourdes!

    Hey! You found a way to use in story the country club! It's really lovely.

    Tamira wishing to skinny dip with an elder, gah. I hate it when they roll those. Come on EA. There's got to be a way to make the skinny dipping wish a little less frighteningly inappropriate. At least it's usually inappropriate when my sims roll those. 'Let's go skinny dipping with Mom or sister or Aunt!'

    Wow! Not that Tamira or Kairavi aren't pretty sims, but Sitara is beautiful!

    Loved the chick with Laser vision. She really looks intense there! Wow.

    Yay for Suresh time! We all need a little more Suresh in our lives. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That broken heart bubbles is standard for the new 'heat of the moment' kiss. I really don't get why they chose that. I mean, it would work for the kiss rejection, but it shows up all the time.
      I knew when I built the country club that Kiran's upcoming campaign fundraiser would be there. It was fun, but literally all anyone did was dance. for hours.

      EA really dropped the ball on the skinny dipping wishes. And you need a mod for teens to even go skinny dipping, so the wishes they get are both inappropriate and useless, lol. Why she picked Ethan Tanner though. As a kid, she trick or treated at his house, I think it's the on;y encounter she ever had with him. So, now she's fantasizing about the guy that hands out candy to little kids, lol.

      Sitara is really something. She's got a lot of Chelsea's features. I think Kairavi may grow up with similar looks. But I haven't peeked in CAS.

      I thought Monica was rip Jamie a new for being in her way. She starts fights at every party I throw, usually. But not this one.

      I do make a point of inviting Suresh to parties. =D

      Delete
  3. * :( on Suresh moving out, but I understand your reasons. I hate a crowded house... even tho Kiran is still working on filling his back up.
    He has a nice house. Fit for a king. :)
    * It makes me nervous as all get out that the toddlers can toddle right up to the edge of the pool, esp since sims 3 pools are closer to the surface than 2 was. or am I remembering incorrectly? Glad he 'saved' the baby.
    * Hehe, I had Donovan draw Willow, and the pic is just as ridiculous. I'd had such high hopes since his art skill is really high. NOPE! I haven't tried the still life thing.
    Love the artistic rendition of her husband that Chelsea did.
    * Tamira is gorgeous! Why not have her as heir even if she IS the oldest? Yeah, I get it, you want them all grown before you decide. Still...
    * Oh wow is right for Sitara. I'm torn between the two of them.
    * snake set loose in class.. brilliant!
    * Okay, this was the best part. I LMFAO when I saw that dude's hair!!!! He'd be hot with a makeover, but why when it's so dad-gum funny!
    * Percy <3
    * /pouts I liked Jamie's original hair. It's wild and stuff and it makes me want to run my fingers through it. Oh well, it's your choice. :) (real deja vu here and I have no idea why)
    * Love the 'I'm up to no good' smile on Alvaro. I still need to use him somewhere. hm...
    * Yay! Suresh! Good to see you ol' boy!

    I love these updates. They always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiran is doing his best to bring the Sim total back up to 8 again, lol. But at least if it's all their kids, there won't be any inappropriate advances on the wrong spouse, lol.
      I put a lot of time into hi house. Eventually, I'll put it up for download.
      It's funny how Sim toddlers are immune from danger. It lets Sim parents get away with some really horrific parenting. Did the Sims 2 pools have some kind of lip on the edges? I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, lol.
      I haven't done much of anything with the sketchbook. Since this is a wishacy, all I could do was stick one in inventory and hope they use it autonomously. None of them have the artistic trait in this house, so there aren't ny wishes for that kind of thing. But in the Brannons, Jilly will be getting a sketchbook for her teen birthday. =D
      I don't like older heirs because I don;t like having a lot of younger siblings around when my heir comes of age. I was planning to tay in this house, and keep the parents around. But if I choose one of the older gil, I might have to move Kiran, Chelsea and their younger kids out. We'll see. I really do like Tamira, and none of the younger ones have called out to me, personality wise. But we'll see.
      Sitara is gorgeous, and that alone puts her in the running as heir. I just need to get a feel for her personality more. I'm rolling random traits, and a lot of them don't really mean much.
      I used to have a mod that stopped Sims from putting small pets in their inventory, I guess I lost it when cleaning out mods for some EP or patch. So I forget to check where she put the snake when she went to schol, until I got the pop up telling me it had escaped. I made up the classroom drama, since she was n school when it happened, lol.
      I did seriously think about making over the pigtail guy, but I figured he';s close enough to elder that he'djust go rolling into something even more ridiculous in a few days anyway. And then he showed up again later while Chelsea was on a different case, and it was too funny not to use it.
      I have no idea who Percy is. Some NPC, I guess. But he's a cute one, with his elf hat and powder blue tux, lol.
      I like Jamie's original hair too. But I changed it anyway. He almst got the Donny hair, but I decided he couldn't carry it as well, lol.
      Alvaro did throw the perfect smile for his change to his criminal wear, lol.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. THAT MANS HAIR!!!! Ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
    Brilliant.

    A bit sad Suresh has gone, but it makes sense, really. Plus, Kieran's kids are GORGEOUS! (especially Sitara) so I'm glad there's room for more of them. I do want to see what a son would look like, though.

    Love Kieran saving Kairavi. It actually annoys me that nobody can fall in the pool (not that I want to drown toddlers), especially the clumsy sims who sometimes trip on the edge of the pool and correct themselves to the square they tripped from *sigh*

    An almost woo-hoo free party?! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hair was pretty spectacular. I don't know how they age up into girl hair, but that one is too funny on guys.

      It ws sad to let Suresh go, but he has room for more kids of his own, and so does Kiran. It would be interesting to see a boy from them. Kiran and Chelsea pulled a stealth try for baby on me last night while the kids were out at the festival. But sadly, the game crashed and I'm pretty sure I didn't save after that event, so, no baby there. Also, I'm going to have to redo prom outfits, which I"m not happy about.
      Anyway, Kiran has no current wish for a baby, but he's family oriented so...yeah, I;m sure there wil be another eventually.

      Clumsy Sims should really fall into the pool. I love the clumsy trait, but I wish they'd done more with it. Woohooer has a special moodlet for, anxious about performance, many times after they woohoo. That cracks me up. Farrell gets that all the time, because he's clumsy.

      I was surprised by the lack of woohoo at that party.

      Delete
    2. About woohooer: really?! Kaity is clumsy and she only ever gets the 'satisfied' moodlet. Maybe it's with the karma-simtra add on? I don't have that, but I have the moodlets. It annoyed me how everyone was automatically bad at woohoo until they'd 'practiced' a bit. I like my simmies satisfied...
      Or maybe it's in a new update? I've not updated my mods since 1.50, and I know stuff gets added in, but I'll wait until the IP patch now. There's no point going through all that twice in a few short weeks.

      /end ramble.

      Delete
    3. Hmm, I don't use kama simtra either.I assumed it was woohooer that was giving Farell the anxious about performance moodlet. He gets the satisfied one, too, because I guess you can be both,lol.
      But it's not too recent, I first noticed it when he and Aouregan moved to Moonlight Falls. It seems to happen mostly when the woohoo is not in bed, like in the shower or the wardrobe. So, maybe have Kaity try to woohoo in the shower more. Though that's where she had her first time, right? With Guy Pipe?
      It doesn't happen with every woohoo, I know that much.

      I'm going to go nuts when IP comes out. I have it pre-ordered, but I'll be across the country at my sister's house. So I won't be able to play it or even have much time to check the forums and see what's going on with it. I'm slightly tempted to get my niece into Sims, but my sister will hold me responsible, lol.

      Delete
  5. Now Suresh really is the Lord of his own Castle, well, as much as Lourdes lets him be! :D I love how he still manages to insinuate himself into the story though!

    The girls grew up so pretty! I'm sure Kesari did too, can't wait to see what she looks like!

    Loved all the funny hair pics. I would think the pigtails and ribbons would be emasculating, but Shawn doesn't appear to care, lol

    I loved Chelsea's drawing of Kiran. Lia drew one of Monty once (nude drawing too) and it wasn't very flattering, but it was funny!

    Watch out for the Pollinator! I would do that, but SP takes care of it for me usually, I already have too many baby booms! ( Better watch out for those Vorhees too, I hear rumors they won't hesitate to murder anyone who gets in their way, lol :P )

    Suchandra. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh finally has his own castle to rule. With his queen, of course, lol.
      I did get a lot of prtty girls to choose from for heir. nd of course it's possible there will be more, knowing my Sims.
      Those pigtails are the most emasculating thing you could do to a guy's hair, lol. But Shawn struts around oblivious to how ot loks. =P
      I'm just getting to see the sketches forthe first time, they are funny.

      Yeah, SP usually gives my town plenty of babies. But neither Rajendra or Darshan have had kids yet. Raj's wife is already an Adult, so I might have to do it for him. Darshn can wait a bit since his wife is young still.
      Yes, those Vorhees are dangerous, lol. I won't be getting their way any time soon.
      I'm glad Suchandra is friends with his grandkids, I like having him come around. =D

      Delete
  6. Alvaro in thug wear?! I definitely like bad boys. O_O *faints* Ah, I'm so glad he's in my game, sometimes I just follow him around the house looking at his sexiness. Thanks for sharing him. *Swoons*
    *sniff* See you, Suresh. Oh yay you came to the party! I heart Suresh.
    LOL at the drawing of Kiran with a beard, hahaha!
    ROFL I kept giggling at Shawn and his pigtails. I'm glad you put so many pictures of him in his pigtails in the chapter. Hahaha!
    HOLY Sitara?! O_O I don't normally go all like whaaa for girl Sims, but hot damn. Uh... I think I probably just gave away who I'm voting for... unless they have a hot son later. =D
    I like your makeover of Tamira's potential boyfriend, Jamie I think? His face definitely looks better the way you did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like Alvaro's new work outfit. He was born in game, I did alter him a little (he had this creepy perma-smile he inherited from his mother), but I can't take too much credit for how he looks.He was born with it, lol.

      Those sketches are funny, I laughed when I saw what she drew.

      I couldn't resist the pigtails.

      Sitara is really gorgeous. Picking an heir will be hard, but I might do an heir vote. LOL, I haven't decided yet.

      With Jamie I mostly just made his head less wide, lessened the eye distance and pulled his chin down a bit. I hate when the lower lip hangs funny over the chin. He's actually the son of that tart Alvaro was kissing when he got his dirty cheater rep.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Jamie's face originally was kind of like squished up. That's good you pulled his chin down, it helped a lot. LOL. Haha, that tart. Funny.
      Oh yeah, you didn't do heir votes for this. LMAO. I'm reading too many different stories and yours is the only one without heir votes so far anyway, so I got confused.
      Mm-mm Alvaro, he was born that way. Hellz yeah. *tss* LMAO.

      Delete
  7. Your sims are georgous! Sitara grew up gorgeous! I love Suresh, and Alvaro! I laughed when he spun around into thug wear! I love the commentary you put in with your story, the banter back and forth makes me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What some gorgeous Sims they had! It will be tough choosing an heir!

    Omg the hair on that sim guy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That poor guy and his pigtails. They infect my males all the time. He was cute though. I like the hat guy too.
    Tamira is adorable. As are all the kids! Can't wait to see Kesari.
    Woohooless party!?! :O Are they all broken?
    The portrait of Kiran was great!

    I think you two would be safe from the Voorhees. Although, caution is advised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've smiled, smirked, grinned, maybe even giggled at previous chapters... this was the one that made me LOL for real! :D OMG, the drawing of Kiran... the pigtailed guy (and proud of it!) Just. too. funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kamala likes bad boys *LOL*
    Nice move for Suresh, I am sure he will love the house. :)
    Very fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete