Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chapter 24: She Lives Romance




No, there will absolutely be no drowning until you've passed your genes on, Timothy. Step away from the pool, now.

Timothy spent the night, but despite the exhaustion thoughtbubble that kept cropping up, he refused to sleep. He just kept on swimming and diving until dawn, when he got the drowning distress call.  Finally, he got out of the pool and went home.


The Leader of the Free World plays with a raccoon before heading out for his day's work of leading the free world.

Sim Nation pretty much runs itself, you know. I just hang around city hall chatting with my co-workers for a few hours every other day.

And I guess today's water cooler topic will be 'The raccoon that bit my finger this morning'?

Yup. Ouch.


Kesari ages up. She's already achieved her LTW of being super popular, and moves out with no unfulfilled wishes. She hasn't rolled a wish in days.

Doesn't that kind of suck, having no ambition for anything past high school popularity?

Meh. Being a grown up sucks.


Chelsea and Kiran currently have one grandson from Tamira and Jamie, and Kairavi and Josue are expecting. While they are happy about any grandchildren, their currently breeding daughters live in other households, and the daughter who lives with them is doing nothing about getting them a grandchild they'd have daily access to. Or helping them achieve their wishes for five grandchildren.

Sitara's wishes are pretty much all about writing and her career.


As they get close to becoming elders, and Sitara is halfway through theYA stage, Chelsea and Kiran start getting desperate, and decide to demonstrate to their daughter How Babies Are Made.

Engrossed in her writing, Sitara is completely oblivious to the music and giggling coming from her bed.


What!!?? The nitrates in these hotdogs are NOT organic??? *chokes*


Sitara does still roll wishes for Tim, mostly to kiss him. Once he's invited over, of course, he does not stop at just kissing. But my hopes for a risky woohoo pregnancy are dashed. I'm not sure if Twallan tweaked woohooer in the last update, but suddenly my Sims rarely choose risky for autonomous woohoo anymore (autonomous risky is enabled; I checked). 

As much as I prefer for Sitara to wish to marry Tim, I'm beginning to accept that it's not happening and that I'll have to use her free day for that. The official rules give you a free day once your heir has accrued 50k points, but I've increased that to 150k for my wishacy. Sitara at this point had about 135k. So, it was time to buckle down on wish fulfillment.


Sitara got a work opportunity to throw a party and invite Shelly Boyd-Lincoln, one of her co-workers. The party would also be a good opportunity to fulfill her wish for another point in Charisma.


Keari married her high school sweetheart, Kurtis, right after he aged up.

I was so tempted to keep him in his age up look. So. Tempted.


But, Kurtis will never build his criminal empire wearing pigtails and a goofy retro suit, so he gets a makeover.

Oh, who am I kidding, a super criminal boss in pigtails would be awesome. I just don't want my in-laws dressing like Sims.


I totally forgot to change anything except Kurtis' everyday wear while I was in CAS, so I had no idea what kind of sleepwear he was sporting until he and Kesari went up to her parents' bed for mandatory party woohoo. I'm done CASing, however, so Kurtis will wear that onesie forever.


"This bed appears to be in use."


"That's okay, we can woohoo in the bed in the next bedroom."

"Then we can have a steak."


"Thanks for coming to my party, grandpa Suchandra. I notice you didn't bring your child bride with you."

"Cindy isn't a child. She's a YA."

"As of what? Yesterday?"

Yes, Suchandra has remarried, to girl who just aged up to YA recently. One of Kesari's friends from high school. I invited the child bride to the party hoping to get a pic of her, but Suchandra came without her.


"Hey, you have the Hopeless Romantic trait, too? When did you get that?"

Yeah, not that it's done anything for Sitara. She gets the same amount of romantic wishes as ever, wishing to kiss or hug Tim every couple of days. Tim isn't at this party because he's at work. But Sitara does at least get her charisma skill point, and, ka-ching, fulfills a wish.


The garden will be ignored for days. Then it's a zerg swarm to tend to it.


Buy ping pong table. *wish fulfilled, 350 pts* 

Play ping pong with someone. *Calls Tim. Invites him to play. Wish fulfilled, 250 pts*

Gain a level in Jock status. *buys Jock status reward. Wish fulfilled, 750 pts*

Every stupid little wish gets fulfilled as we work toward getting that total up to 150k.

Overnight, she rolls repeated wishes for more Jock status, which I promptly fulfill by buying status with points. Eventually, she gets high enough to earn a new trait. I pick 'Family Oriented' hoping that she might actually wish to get married. But, as with giving her Hopeless Romantic, there's no change in her wish pattern. She does immediately start dreaming of baby shoes, however. It doesn't help.


The big wish at the moment as to write 15 novels. Sitara has change to writing Children's books, since she can crank them out faster, getting out several per day. Getting that lead to more writing wishes for big points, like writing 10 bestsellers and making X in royalties. So, Sitara is chained to that desk.

Hey, Kiran, Chelsea? Your demonstrations are useless. The only way this will happen is for Sitara to crank out the required books to achieve her wishes for points so I can force her to marry and try for baby.

"That's okay, we like woohooing in our daughter's bed."

Yes, and your daughters like woohooing in yours. Still, she's in the room...

"It's not like she notices."

Yeah, that's true. Sitara is pretty intent on getting Petals of Fire, her latest romance novel, out. She doesn't care what's happening in her bed, or have any wishes to use it in fruitful manner.


It took a couple of days after getting the Family Oriented trait before Sitara achieved the 150k point mark. I nursed the hope that she'd wish for marriage or children before I had to resort to using her free day, but it was still all about writing. 

So, the big day has arrived, Sitara's 'Free Day' begins at 1:18 pm on Tuesday, right after she gets home from work. She does roll a wish to watch the stars with Tim, but it's too early for that. She calls Tim and invites him over, and starts working the romantic moves.




When she's 'extremely irresistible', she pops the question.


Not wasting a precious moment of the free day, they get married right there. That's actually the spot where Kiran and Chelsea got married. Someday, maybe, I will have a real wedding with a party in this legacy. But not today.

I did consider for a moment stopping at engagement and hoping Sitara would wish to marry Tim later. But, I don't trust this girl to do that, so I'm using the free day to its fullest.


Of course, because I'm a crazy cat lady, I had to zoom over to see what CC, Tim's cat, now our cat, is doing as soon as Tim got married in. CC has a boyfriend, Twink Roush. I love that SP sets up inactive pets in relationships. However, after the fiasco that is my wishacy in DV, I'm never breeding pets in a wishacy again. Sorry, CC.


Okay, back to free day with the newlyweds. Make baby nao!

*Chimes*

And there was much rejoicing.


And it's a good thing I did get everything I needed done in the free day, because being a newlywed has done nothing for Sitara's wishes. She still is focused on writing, she wants 20 bestsellers now, and 15k in weekly royalties.

Tim has the unfortunate LTW for One Sim Band, to master every instrument. He's gotten pretty skilled in guitar and piano, but has never touched drums or bass. That LTW takes a lot of skill grinding starting as early as possible; Tim is 5 days to Adult and can only skill when he wishes for it, so this is just not happening. So, he's hoping to earn the 10k needed t change his LTW. Probably for the music career one, since he's up to level 5 of that and has a shot at it.


Sitara gets up from her writing briefly to change into maternity wear. Then, it's right back to it. Her new preferred genre is romance. Because, obviously, she lives romance.


We'll end this chapter with a few random shots:


Josue dropped by with his and Kairavi's daughter, Marlena.


Chelsea retuning her aura. CC, who has the Skittish trait, hides under the couch.

By now, Kamala, Alvaro, Suresh and Lourdes are all elders. Kiran and Chelsea will age up very soon.


Both Sitara and Tim rolled wishes to have a girl. It may be too late, but I put Sitara on the watermelon diet, anyway.

20 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! Sorry you had to force Sitara into it all, but hopefully you'll have a boy and then can use that wish for a girl to have another baby so you have a choice. Maybe Tim will roll better wishes? Hopefully!

    Kesari is gorgeous!

    Can't wait for this long awaited baby to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping Sitara would wish for marriage, but she was hopeless. She'd get a wish to kiss him, fulfill it and then nothing. Grr.
      So, I had to make with her free day, or no Gen 4 for me, lol.
      It would be great if she wished for another kid later, but at least there will be an heir now, lol. Yeah, on the one hand getting a boy now would mean I could try again for a girl later. But, I do want Tim to get his points so he can change his LTW. So, there's advantages to either gender.

      Kesari is really pretty, but she stopped rolling wishes that last week, and she already earned her lame, east LTW so she'd make a terrible heir. Hopefully she and Kurtis will make cute babies.

      I'm looking forward to seeing this baby, too.

      Delete
  2. Aww, sorry Sitara was being such a butthole. LOL! Luckily you had that free day or this legacy may have been done at Gen 3. That's interesting that traits don't really kick in. I wonder why that is. At least that onesie didn't have feet on it... it kind of looked more like long underwear, which is better... but only slightly. Does Sitara get stressed out a lot with all that writing? I found when my Sims write too long, that's what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,this legacy might have ended if not for the free day.
      Maybe Sitara's extra traits will kick in later. We'll see if he starts wanting tons of kids after the first one is born.

      LOL, it is long underwear, I just couldn't resist calling it a onesie.

      Sitara doesn't actually get too stressed out from writing actually. I know what you mean, I see that with other Sim authors, but Sitara can crank at it all day. I don't know why.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Sitara reeeeeeally didn't want to start a family! I've had sims like that, mostly in my first wishacy. Amberlee and Winter have both been really cooperative, which means that whoever takes over is probably going to be a pain, haha. I'm glad that you finally got her married and pregnant, too bad it had to be through the free day. I can't wait to see the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah you and I both had tons of kids in gen 1 & 2. But Sitara just cares about her career and writing. I would havepreferred not using the free day for it, but it's what it's there for.
      I'm looking forward to this baby too. I waited long enough for it.

      Delete
  4. yay they are back. I missed them and all the craziness. :D Woot free day so congrats on the engagement, wedding and baby. Busy busy day. Those traits don't always help sadly but hopefully since she has the first child on the way other wants will start rolling in.

    Can't wait to see the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jazen.
      I was hoping her extra traits would kick in, but at least now I've got a baby on the way so there's one choice for Gen 4's heir. And maybe she'll wish for more after that. =D

      Delete
  5. Oblivious Sitara writing her romance novel while her parents try and demonstrate why she shouldn't write what she doesn't know behind her. Ha! That was awesome!

    And wow! I've never seen the drowning distress call before. Usually I just get the death by drowning notification. lol. Silly Sims.

    Yay for marriage and baby! Now at least your Wishacy shall continue! Congrats! Can't wait to see the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They kept going into her room while she was writing to woohoo! And they think about grandkids All.The.Time.
      They both have wishes for 'become grandparent' and 'have 5 grandchildren', so it's an obsession with them.
      I really wih Generations had added a 'harass adult children about providing grandchildren' interaction, lol.

      I've never actually had a death by drowning in any Sims game. But I have seen that distress call before; usually they get out of the pool when that happens. At least, in my experience.

      Looking forward to that baby, myself. =D

      Delete
  6. I noticed the same thing about Woohooer, myself. There is a new setting under Woohooer/General that says Link to StoryProgression, the default is true. Change it to false, and it should help with the Risky and TFB, still not like it used to be, but infinitely better than leaving that option checked!

    I'm glad that Tim didn't drown, then it would have been good luck finding another sim for Sitara to have babies with, lol (She likes writing about it rather than living it!) When I didn't use Twallan's SP, I had lots of sims that died by drowning, his SP prevents that for the most part. =)

    I'm curious though, could you use the wishes of Chelsea and Kiran (want 5 grandchildren) to make Sitara have more kids?

    I'm glad you changed Kurtis, he looks much better now. <3

    Yay for baby! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nirar! Maybe I will fiddle with that setting. Though I think I might actually like less auto-risky, since I was also having to constantly babysit Chelsea and Kiran. Four kids was enough from them. And Suchandra ad Darleen snuck out that 6th baby behind my back...I'm hoping to play all 6 generations here in LP, but already my family is related to almost everyone, lol. Anyway, it's good to know it's not just my imagination.

      I know, if Tim did drown, I'm not sure Sitara would ever roll another romantic wish again! She does seem to prefer writing over real experience, lol.

      I would think that using the parents' wishesto make the her have kids wouldn't be allowed. I know when I asked about using Darleen's wish to see Suresh get married to make him marry Lourdes, I was told it was okay to d that to a spare, but not the heir. So I think having kids would be the same. There's another loophole for having kids in therules. After a Sim has woohooed with nother Sim for th first time, if they wish to woohoo with that Sim again, you can use tfb to fulfill it. But of course, I think Sitara only ever wished to woohoo with Tim once, lol.
      But if she does wish it during their marriage at any time, I can tfb again.

      Yeah, I love the pigtail guys in my neighborhood, but I don't want that in the family.

      Delete
  7. Haha, I love the part about Kiran's role as leader of the free world. Not much to it, apparently.

    Demonstrations from her parents didn't inspire Sitara? lol

    Yay! The legacy will continue. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laugh at the fakeness of Sim careers. When Kiran goes to work, I set his tone to 'chat with co-workers'...there's no 'deal with international crisis' or even 'make speeches' tone, so it's like a regular day at the office for that career.

      Yeah, come to think of it, watching your middle aged parents get it on might not be the best inspiration...

      If it weren't for the free day allowance, I'm not sure this legacy could have continued, lol.

      Delete
  8. This family is very open with their love-making. The sims really do some wacy things when you leave them up to it. It's good that you've finally nabbed Tim and made him part of the family. I'm sure he'll be woohooing in his kids beds in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is true. They do it anywhere, and they don't care who is watching.
      LOL, yes, soon enough it will be Sitara and Tim's turn to demonstrate how it's done in their kid's bed.

      Delete
  9. Who DOESN'T want 15k a week in royalties?
    I'm so glad she's Finally married. Yes, much rejoicing (yay!) for the baby otw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15k a week in royalties would be awesome. But Sitara is a Gen 3 heir in a Sims 3 game, she could literally not work a day and never make a simoleon and still be filthy rich.
      So, a wish to get married would have been helpful. But, luckily there was a free day to make it happen, and she's finally married and there's a potential heir on the way. =D

      Delete
  10. Poor Timothy. Maybe he was missing his Mom.
    Hahahaha the comment about Kesari... Sadly, that is all too real.
    Yay for the marriage and finally, a baby to come.
    Suchandra, trying to stay young *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, maybe! Tim did cry over his mom for awhile.
      Yeah, Kesari just stopped caring after she achieved her Super Popular LTW.
      It took some doing, but Sitara finally got hitched and pregnant.
      Suchandra plucked his new wife up almost literally right out of high school, lol.

      Delete