Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chapter 23: Just a Typical Day




We begin this chapter with Sitara and Tim starting up some risky woohoo in her parents' bed, while teen Kesari and her boyfriend make out in the same room. You know, just a typical day in my wishacy.

Sitara and Tim choose risky woohoo quite a bit, but with no results so far. Sitara has the Lucky trait, and I did notice that in the menu, risky woohoo has the clover icon crossed out on it. I couldn't find anything in the Nraas wiki that said that the Lucky trait might make risky woohoo less risky, but it seemed like the kind of thing Twallan would think of. So, Sitara usd up 20k points to buy the reward to change her traits, changing out Lucky for Hopeless Romantic, in the hopes that she might start rolling more romantic wishes.


Kairavi is clearly impressed by the age up process. She immediately rolls a wish to join the medical career, and once she takes her job, she buys herself a house and moves out. SP marries her off to her high school crush Josue Hudson pretty quickly.


We've established a pattern: Sitara invites Tim over after work to fulfill some kind of interaction wish, and she'll use her one directed interaction per Sim per day allowance asking him to spend the night. They'll risky woohoo autonomously, and then Sitara leaves early for work the next morning while Tim hangs out all day with Chelsea, flirting and talking about composting.


And lounging in the hot tub. If he doesn't have a shift that night, we get an extra night out of him.

Tim is obviously pretty pleased with the arrangement. Too bad Sitara hasn't wished for anything more permanent.


Chelsea's been having a bunch of gardening related wishes, so we added on a little greenhouse thing, using Inge Jones invisible rug pieces to make a 'glass' roof. 


View from the inside.  Timothy has the Green Thumb trait, so if he ever does get to move in here, he'll probably enjoy this.


"Hey, so, I was wondering if you're seeing anyone?"

"Um, yeah...I'm kind of married. To your girlfriend's father."


"You're here all the time anyway. Why don't you just move in?"

"Your sister hasn't asked me."

The Hopeless Romantic trait hasn't kicked in. Sitara's wishes are pretty much the same as ever, more about writing and her career than anything else. She'll get wishes to kiss Tim or chat with him, which at least is a reason to get him over here.


Sitara comes home from work. Before she gets in the door, Tim is already preparing for some woohoo.


I had scheduled this club for some major renovations (again) because Sims weren't using the dance floor on the second level.  Pigtail guy to the rescue!


Sitara had a wish to visit a club. She's alone because Tim is at work. Autonomously, lured by the awesomeness of the pigtails, she goes upstairs to dance.


Soon, the dance floor is rocking. Everyone wants to be where pigtail guy is. Club renovations are put on hold. 


More risky woohoo. Still no pregnancy.


Jamie and Tamira have been more fruitful. They just had a son, Ken.


Kiran had a wish to chat with his oldest daughter, but she left the house before he arrived. While he was there, Kiran autonomously snuggled with his first grandchild.


And Jamie inappropriately decided to insult Kiran's family. Meaning, his own newborn son. Kiran is clearly confused.


Tim is hanging out in the nursery when he gets the news of his mother's death. Being in mourning doesn't stop him from rushing off to work, though.


"Let go of your physical shell. Reach out to grasp the threads that bind us, one to another. Open yourself to the universe, Commander. Embrace eternity."

"There's a smudge on the window. I need to clean it."


Sitara rushes over to Tim's house the next morning to offer her condolences.


Tim's step-father, Sahan has apparently been demoted down to the kiddie bed after Cricket's death. I'm guessing this used to be Tim's room.

Fun Fact: I recently discovered that Tim and Jamie are cousins. Tim's maternal grandfather, Richard Irwin (Cricket's dad) is the town's original Dirty Cheating Bastard, and is the father of baby Lola Lancaster is carrying when Lucky Palms opens, even though he's still married to Cricket's mother. Lola Lancaster is Jamie's maternal grandmother, and Richard Irwin is his maternal grandfather, making him and Tim second cousins.
Tim is also related to Alvaro Tanner, his father Ethan is Alvaro's older brother.


Tim's cat, who will be moving in with him if Sitara ever gets around to marrying him.



"Baby, my Mom just died..."

"I bet she wanted grandchildren. We'll risky woohoo in her bed, in her honor."


Love Day Festival! Sadly, Sitara doesn't have any romantic wishes at all, not even to go to the festival, and no wishes to even chat with Tim on this day. Hopeles Romantic? Hardly.



"Who's the President of Funk?"

You are, obviously. Just, don't let Suresh hear you talking like that.


Chelsea, I think the face painting booth owes you a refund.

"What? This is exactly what I asked for."


Kiran won the King of the Spring Dance award this year, so of course Suresh had to show him up. At Kiran's next fundraiser, he showed everyone who's the Emperor of Funk.


"That's right, You know you want some."

_________________________

So, yeah, still no baby action or marriage wishes from Sitara. She's very focused on writing and her career. I'm not too worried yet, she still has time, and it's actually nice to not usher in this generation with an immediate pregnancy.
The rules allow one free day once your heir has earned 50k happiness points, but I've upped that total to 150k because with the reamer mod my Sims earn points on fulfilling wishes that haven't been promised, so they tend to have more than 50k when they reach YA. So far, I haven't used a free day at all. If it comes to it, I'll use that allowance to get Sitara to marry Tim and get pregnant, but I'm holding out as long as I can for her to wish for it.

18 comments:

  1. Missed the family. Still up to the same old tricks I see.

    It's nice not to have the pressure of marriage and babies yet as long as SP doesn't steal Tim away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jazen, I missed them too. I've been busy with other projects.

      Tim is 'going steady' with Sitara, so he's safe from SP. Well, I do have setting to allow affairs, but at least SP isn' actively trying to hook him up like he's single.
      I am hoping Sitara will wish to marry him, but if she gets real close to Adult before that happens, I'll use the free day.

      Delete
  2. Sitara has the usual high sex-drive, but unusually low fertility... Do you want to send her over to my game for a quick visit? She'd get knocked up in no time, and probably roll a wish to marry, too. (Kaity and Shaena both constantly roll marriage wishes. Makes me so sad, and a little guilty.)

    I do think she has the right idea, though. You should always make sure you're finacially stable before starting a family, but I'm sure they're rolling in money, being as this is gen 3!

    LOVE Suresh's dancing. Kierans too. And Chelsea's facepaint/lolly combo :p

    Have missed the random fun of your wishacies! Glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh,I just realized I didn't respond to half the comments on this chapter...Sorry!

      LOL, I know, I need your fertility curse for Sitara.I feel bad in my random legacies, too, when I roll for single and they roll all those marriage wishes. Delaney had locked in wishes to marry Jack through most of her generation, lol.

      It's been tough waiting for her, but I will at least have the luxury of not having her pop out kid after kid right away. She's more than financially stable, yeah, lol.

      I was sort of back, and the got drawn into the Brannons. I have too many Sim blogs, lol.

      Delete
  3. At some point stealing other's bed to have woohoo in just has to stop! It just has to! Lol at Jamie talking about his own family, watupwitdat? Sitara is taking her time with Tim, hopefully she won't wait for the last minute but it must be nice not to have like 5 more kids already running about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Sims have no sense of propriety, lol.
      And Sitara is in no hurry, it seems. But it isgood to not have a bunch of kids right away.

      Delete
  4. Damn Tim the Enchanter, getting the milk w/o paying for it.

    LOL! So the second guy seems to have been the answer to the second floor's problems! He just had to be the one to go up and make it cool. :)

    I think she's more hopeless than hopeless romantic.

    LMAO I was just about to say something about Suresh. Now I have an annoying song in my head of which I do not know the title.

    Yeah, Suresh! Work it, baby!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Tim (the Enchanter, ha!) would not mind living in this house, though.Being the legacy spouse is a sweet gig. But Sitara isn't settling down yet.
      She is kind of hopeless, lol.

      Delete
  5. Tim! Wow. Does Tim have unflirty or commitment issues or something? Those are usually the only mood killers I've run across that kill Hopeless Romantics. Then again, you said she's not actually acting like a hopeless romantic either. Odd. Hopefully Sitara gets her rear in gear soon and produces baybeez for your wishacy!

    Suresh! Woot! Suresh sighting! And isn't he the emperor of Funk! Yeeeeaaaaah! Also, I love Kiran with that goatee. He looks really yummy with it. Reeeaaally yummy. Just don't tell Suresh I said that. Shhhhh! It was also sweet to see him cuddling grandbaby Ken. So Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, Tim has no problems with commitment or flirting. It's all on Sitara, she just doesn't roll wishes to marry him.
      Luckily there is the 'free day' rule. Once the heir has acquired enough hapiness points, you have one day where you can direct them to what you want, no need for wishes. So if she gets up to Adult without a baby or marriage wish, I can make it happen and ensure the next gen. I prefer that she wishes for it, so I'll hold out as long as I can.

      Suresh is the Lord High Dragon of Funk, thankyouverymuch.
      Kiran does look good with the goatee. He got that satisfying a midlife wish for facial hair. I wish I'd thought of it sooner.

      Delete
  6. His pigtails bring all the Sims to the yard.

    It's good to see the rampant woohoo continue through the generations. It took Suresh's wife a while to become pregnant; it's just bound to happen for Sitara eventually.

    Of course Suresh still rules. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! good one!
      I'm sure Sitara will get pregnant eventually. =D
      Suresh will always rule.

      Delete
  7. I love that pic of Chelsea's face paint and the freezer bunny pop, that is too funny!

    Sitara sure doesn't seem to be in a hurry to have kids and get married, lol Hopefully her new trait will kick in soon! She and Tim make a cute pair. =) Tim must be an insane sim though---hitting on his (hopefully) future MIL is crazy---Kiran would so kick his behind if he saw that!

    I love watching sims dance, I think it is hilarious!

    Another great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Chelsea's face paint was awesome. And her freezer bunny pop made it better.

      It would be great if Sitara would finally wish to marry Tim. But, yeah, if he and Chelsea keep up the flirting, it will be trouble in the family, lol.

      Thanks, Nirar!

      Delete
  8. *smacks Suresh booty* Oh yeah, work it Suresh. LOL. He's so awesome. Jamie is hilarious insulting Kiran's family... did he forget he married into it so he's now insulting himself? I guess if that's not inappropriate, I don't know what is. LMAO. Pigtail guy attracting all the dancers? Of course I think that would be only natural cause people would be like, omg, there's a guy with pigtails? I have to see this for myself. ROFL. Why is Tim flirting with Chelsea? LOL. Silly. That's interesting that the risky woohoo and the lucky trait would cancel each other out, but I think I understand it. It's so that you can have woohoo without the risk of getting pregnant, therefore, you're lucky cause you didn't get pregnant. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Suresh loves all the attention.
      Jamie insulting his own son was pretty funny. I love Inappropriate Sims.

      Yeah, it makes sense Lucky would take down the risky woohoo chances. I don't know for sure that it does that, but I did see the lucky icon crossed out in the risky wohoo option, so I'm thinking maybe Twallan factored that into his Woohooer mod.
      At any rate, Sitara has avoided getting pregnant despite all the risky woohoo.

      Delete
  9. That little family tree info was spooky.... but so real life.... I wonder if they would avoid romance with someone that's a half cousin that they don't know is a half cousin, or worse! half brother/sister. Scary thought.... Suresh is such a Weiner *LOL* Shaking his butt, crazy guy.... Pig tail guy is just the life of the party, wherever he goes, there is action. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'relation' flag drops really quickly in Sims. Second cousins can and do romance eaxh other. I have a problem with that in the Branons. By Gen 4 I had second cousins growing up in the same house, and by the tim they all hit teen, I was getting attraction issues between them. It was super squicky, lol.

      Delete