Friday, March 29, 2013

Chapter 1: Pajama Party


These stories often begin with a curse, and so it happens that Suchandra, a gandharva in the court of the great deva, Indra, was cursed by a powerful rishi, as punishment for seducing the rishi's wife. Cursed to live among the mortals is not so terrible a fate, Suchandra muses when he finds himself transported from the heavenly court of Indra to the desert town of Lucky Palms, though he knows many a yaksha who have chosen a quick death to free themselves from their mortal bodies, to be reborn the faster into their divine forms. But Suchandra has spent an eternity playing music for the devas, seducing apsaras and enjoying the many blisses of Indra's heaven. Life among the mortals might be a welcome respite, a chance to try new things, seduce new women...


In Indra's heaven, Suchandra was a celestial musician, so his first desire upon finding himself in the mortal realm was to procure a similar position for himself, so he applied for a job in the local theater. They hired him readily enough, but told him his talent with sitar and vina were worthless to them, he would need to learn the guitar. As soon as he learned of this new instrument that would bethe key to his career, Suchandra desired to play one. Unfortunately for him, acquiring a house to live in during his soujourn took all the money he had, so to learn this guitar, he had to visit an establishment that had one he could practice on until he could afford his own. Though new to the instrument, Suchandra's talent is evident, and he quickly garners the attention of the two customers visiting this coffeeshop. A little girl and an old man. No lovely women to dance for him as the apsaras did when he played in Indra's court, but it's a start.


While he was playing, Suchandra was struck by a sudden desire to improve his charisma skill, and since his new house had no mirror for him to talk to, he visited the local library to study the subject. After spending some time in study, the desire to invite someone to his home, shabby as it was, came over him. The trouble was, he didn't know anyone in Lucky Palms to extend and invitation to. So, he approached a woman browsing the shelves, and introduced himself. Her name as Zahra Diwan, and it turns out she's working in the same theater he was just hired by. Sadly, when he asks about her marital status, he learns she married, and too family oriented to be seduced, Still, making her acquaintance is not a total loss, as he'll need friends as well as a lover to get ahead in the mortal realm.


The second part of the curse, the part Suchandra thought would be the easiest, is turning out to b the true punishment. "Because you gave into your lust for my wife, without thought or care for anything else, so you will live in the mortal realm a slave to your basest urges," the rishi had said. Suchandra took that to mean he would get to do as he wished all the time, which really was not that different from how he'd lived in Indra's court. So far, all Suchandra's desires have been beneficial ones, to seek employment, learn guitar and charisma. But when his first shift at the theater is over, and he's tired, hungry, and getting close to needing a shower, his urge to visit a dance club compels him, and he does not head home right away as would no doubt be best for him. And though he needs to save his money for a guitar of his own, the urge to buy a drink, rather than hot wings or onion rings to assuage his hunger compels him to spend his hard earned money foolishly on a Spline Reticulator.


At least he's having fun, right?


So far, he's been unable to satisfy his wish to invite someone over, but while working at the theater, he's made a couple friends who might be willing to fulfill this desire for guests. The desire to have his first kiss from a mortal compels him to choose Darleen Matlapin over Oscar Arellano when he selects from the list of numbers on his smartphone.


Darleen accepts his invitation and rushes right over. (Suchandra had to sell his bookcase to afford the guitar. Priorities, right?)


Conscious of the fact that messing with another man's wife is what landed him here in thefirst place, Suchandra makes sure Darleen is single before he proceeds on his mission to get a kiss from someone.


She's not only single, but a hopeless romantic like himself.


Okay then, here goes.


First kiss acquired.


Which leads to deeper, more intimate kisses.


Suchandra thinks to serenade his new lady love, and takes out his guitar.

"Oh, you're going to play?" Darleen asks, disappointed, "I was hoping we'd woohoo."


Suchandra aims to please, and so puts his guitar away to satisfy Darleen's request. This is truly a cause for celebration, and a wish to throw a party overcomes Suchandra. Besides Darleen, his only other friend is Oscar, so it won't be much of a party, but then, his tiny house couldn't accommodate much more than that, anyway.


Besides Oscar, Suchandra takes a chance on inviting his boss, Yolanda Shaw, though he's only slightly acquainted with her. She arrives first, coming in just as he and Darleen were finishing up a bit of woohoo in the shower.


Yolanda and Oscar slow dance in the kitchen while Suchandra and Darleen disappear into the bedroom again.


"You can invite me to your pajama party any time," Yolanda purrs, appreciating the view of Suchandra in his sleepwear.


Darleen watches Suchandra play while Yolanda and Oscar take their slow dance into the other room. Suchandra is pretty sure Yolanda just had a baby with another man, while Oscar is involved with another woman, but who is he to judge his party guests?


Looking at Darleen in her nightwear fills Suchandra with the desire to kiss her.


Which leads to other desires. The guests pretty much let themselves out while Suchandra takes his pajama party back into the bedroom.


Exhausted, Darleen drifts off into sleep, while Suchandra goes outside to splash in the puddles left by the sudden rain. Unbeknownst to him, Darleen is dreaming of babies...


In the morning, the celestial trumpets announce the arrival of Leisure Day, and Suchandra wishes to experience the mortals' festival in the park. Darleen tags along with him.

Once in the park, Suchandra desires to taste a snowcone.


Darleen seems to be feeling a bit off.


That doesn't look too good, Darleen.


Having just thrown up breakfast does not put Darleen off from participating in the hot dog contest.

Suchandra wins, and gets a plate of hot dogs to live on for the next week as a prize. 


Suchandra has to leave right after the contest to attend a seminar at the bookstore that will help him advance his guitar skills, so he misses the moment where Darleen changes into her maternity wear.



The couple continue to spend their free time together in romantic bliss, neither one of them really planning for the child they are going to have.


The toilet is broken, but Suchandra cannot muster up the desire to fix it, nor the money to replace. So he just complains about it.


Darleen goes into labor while Suchandra is at work.


"I didn't think you were coming," Darleen says when Suchandra appears by her side at the hospital entance.

"I wished to hang out with you," Suchandra says, "So, we'll hang out while you give birth to my child."


Darleen gives birth to a baby girl, Kamala.

"Hurry up, Suchandra," she calls back to her lagging lover, "I'm going to take a cab."


Darleen literally takes a cab, driving it herself.

The baby is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps Darleen put her in the trunk?


Darleen leaves Kamala with Suchandra and goes back to her parents' house to rest. Suchandra has missed several hours of work, and decides he should go back in to finish his shift, leaving Kamala with a babysitter.

Frazier Morrison deserves special notice for being actually competent at his job, playing with and snuggling Kamal several times in the few hours she was in his care.


Suchandra plays with his little girl when he comes home from work. He's a father now, and he really should be married, he decides. Ideally to the child's mother. Unfortunately, Darleen turns him down when he invites her over, hoping to propose. So he'll try again tomorrow.

_____________________________________

So, this is a Wishacy challenge story, (rules by Buckeygirl80). Basically you are limited in how you may direct your Sim to fulfilling wishes or meeting critical needs (by clicking the moodlet to let the Sm decide how to meet the need, rather than choosing it yourself).
It's a very different play style for me, I'm usually very control freaky. Which is why I decided to this, to change things up.
Since the Sims are left on autonomy a lot, I had my Woohooer setting to allow autonomous risky woohoo and try for baby. I may turn that down a bit, as Darleen and Suchandra autonomously woohooed several times on her first visit and got pregnant right away.

In my story Suchandra is a gandharva, in Hindu/Buddhist tradition a celestial musician and messenger between the devas and humans, a sort of nature spirit (yaksha) who is rather low in the hierarchy of immortal beings. In game, he's a genie. Because I wanted him to have some kind of magic to set him apart from the regular people. Suchandra also appears as a minor character in both my Summerdream story and my Brannon Random Legacy. His story here is not related at all to his appearances in either of those stories.

The title of this story comes from descriptions of gandharva that say they reside in the scents of flowers and trees.




26 comments:

  1. Ok, I love this! It's hilarious and kinda random all in it's own way! Fun! Hopefully he'll get to propose to Darleen soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny! As much as I love doing my other stories, it's nice to go in and just let the random stuff happen without micromanaging or staging scenes for a story.
      I'm hoping I can get Darleen to come over in the morning so we can get this wedding done. And I hope she brings money, lol, so I can actually add on a nursery for Kamala. Suchandra is totally broke.
      I love this stage of a new game, where you actually have to scrape by for awhile.

      Delete
  2. Sad day that Darleen didn't want to come over after Kamala was born. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Sims are so finicky. It might have ben too late or something.

      Delete
  3. Suchandra sure is a character! It's really interesting to see a different play style from you. I like the idea of a Wishacy and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sparkle!
      The wishacy is fun and a very different playstyle for me. I still love doing my other stories, but it''s great to be able to just go in and play and go with whatever random stuff happens.

      Delete
  4. LOL! Love it! Suchandra is so hilarious! :D And what a clever way to show why he's following random wishes~I love his backstory!

    I hear you about the pose intensive stories. Sometimes you just want to play! lol

    With my woohooer settings, I just change the success chance of getting pregnant, my TFB chance is 30%, and Risky is 3%. I like those numbers, it is a little more *realistic* to life, that my sims don't get pregnant quite so quickly. Default TFB is like 75%, almost guaranteeed, lol

    I can't wait to read more! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nirar! I am having fun with Suchandra.
      It is great to just be able to play and not worry about setting up scenes and poses.
      Thanks for the tips on woohooer. I turned risky and TFB down, and turned off auto TFB so there should be less oopsie babies, lol.

      Delete
  5. I freakin love this! 'I was hoping we'd woohoo'. Dang, Darleen, you don't waste time, do you? Hang out while she gives birth to his child. omg lol. But the best was when she 'took a cab' and put the baby in the trunk!!! My stomach and cheeks hurt and my eyeliner is running.

    Aw, I hope he can get a successful proposal done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mypal!
      The autonomous woohoo, man...I swear it's not this bad in my other saves. Or maybe it's just that I keep them too busy to do things autonomously. But in this challenge, you have to let them do what they want and can only stop them if you re directing them to fulfill a wish or take care of a critical need.
      The hanging out when she gives birth to the child made me laugh too. You have to creative about wish fulfillment. He was at work when she went into labor, and I'm not allowed to direct him to just leave and go to the hospital. But he did have a wish to hang out with her, and you are allowed to direct Sims to do things that will get them to where they can fulfill a wish. So, I had him attend the birth, and afterwards he got the wish fulfillment for hanging out with her when they took the baby home.

      Delete
  6. So this makes four active blogs for the amazing Melissa, lol. It's like you have a super power.

    Anyway this should be a cool story. =D The pictures were all really great, despite them not being staged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. But well, Stardust only has the epilogue left. Which Ishould just do so I can wrap it up. And then it will be just 3 again. Not that that's not too many, lol.

      Thanks, Becky, I'm glad you like this. I'm enjoying the game play a lot. =D

      Delete
    2. I do want to see how Stardust wraps up. =D

      But only one more post? O.O It must be massive, right?

      Delete
    3. The epilogue might be two chapters, depending on how massive it is. I know some characters will have a lot of material, but some will just be a picture or two to show where they are 5 years later, but no major scenes.

      Los Aniegos got really super laggy after SN, so I kind of dread opening it to finish up. =( But I really need to get that done.

      Delete
    4. I have 3 stories, and they're kicking my ass. LOL.

      Delete
  7. This. Is. Hilarious.
    "Darleen literally takes a cab, driving it herself.
    The baby is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps Darleen put her in the trunk?"
    Call an ambulance. Seriously, my chest hurts so much right now. That bit, and the bit where Darleen's like "Oh, you're going to serenade me? Can't we just go to bed?"
    At first I was thinking Suchandra was a womaniser, but, 'Daymn gurrrl!'

    Can't wait to see what happens. My sims roll the most random wishes so it'll be interesting to see how you explain his desires to buy chairs of increasing value, or learn the gardening skill mid-winter :p
    Or, what if he never get's to propose to Darleen, and the child (Kamal, was it?) rolls the want 'get attention from mom' that one breaks my heart. After I killed Geoffrey, Luis kept rolling it (but about 'dad'), and then when Shae was old enough she'd do it too. It hurt.
    Anyway, that's off topic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gem.
      Sims do the funniest stuff. And I usually leave it out of my more serious stories. But for this one, when they do crazy stuff, it's going in.
      I'm looking forward to seeing what Suchandra's wishes are, too.
      Wishing to throw random parties is fun.

      It breaks my heart too when kids with a singld parent roll the wish for attention from the missing parent.

      Delete
  8. He seems an interesting character with his wishes. I am surprised how much they woohooed at the party and he already has a child now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sraina.
      I'm using Nraas woohooer, which allows autonomous woohoo and risky woohoo. I did end up turning down the chance for pregnancy for both risky and try for baby so that pregnancy won't be so easy. But, yeah, the autonomy gets kind of crazy, they really go at it. And since we can't interefere with their autonomous actions unless it's to fulfill a wish, I'm getting situations where Suchandra will start to go do something autonomously like clean the toilet and get interrupted by Darleen demanding more woohoo.
      But since they can try for baby autonomously or have risky woohoo, I"m also refraining from having them try for baby even when someone has the wish for a baby.

      Delete
  9. Okay, her stealing the cab and shoving the kid in the trunk had me rolling. You have a lovely way of telling the story and I can't wait to continue on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn!
      I was so shocked when she drove the cab home. I'd never seen a Sim do that.

      Delete
  10. I think I tried a wishacy in m early days of trying to do something different with my game play and didn't make it a day before the need to control took over. LOL

    You have a very creative way of adding in his wishes and keeping them in line with the story. That auto woo-hoo got them in trouble right off, yeah you might want to scale that back just a tad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really tough not to take control. But, I wanted to shake up my game play, lol.

      I stil can't believe he got Darleen pregnant on the first day they got together.

      Thanks, jaz!

      Delete
  11. I love the idea of this it seems so fun! You also taught me something new! I had no idea you could click on a moodlet and the sim would take care of it themselves! I feel so ignorant now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!
      I didn't know about clicking the moodlet for the longest time either. There's always something new to learn abut this game.

      Delete